They said that they will make the announcement in early June.
This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.
Messages - adcqtpie
« on: April 19, 2004, 11:05:18 AM »
damn...I would suggest coming up with a general personal statement that can be sent to all schools. Either way you will probably need a personal statement so get that out of the way. If the school wants something specific you can usually tailor the statement to fit those needs
« on: April 03, 2004, 08:22:51 AM »
I really can't decide between the two. I was fortunate enough to receive approx 21k in scholarships from Loyola vbut nothing from American. AU says there is a possibility that they will be able to offer financial assistance but they won't know until the fall semester.
What do you guys think?
Is anyone thinking about or already decided to take on of these courses, such as Bar/Bri? On the one hand, I can see the benefit, but on the other, it could just be a waste of time...
Any thoughts from those who have taken them or those who plan to?
I did some research. This info comes from a regular college admissions website but i think the general info is about the same:
A number of colleges offer the early action option. This has the same application deadline and decision timetable as early decision. Unlike the early decision option, early action is non-binding; admitted students are not obligated to enroll in the school if accepted.
Early action allows students more flexibility in selecting a school. It also allows the students to compare financial aid offers from various colleges and universities. It has been our experience, however, that the increased admissions chances of applying to an early action college are not usually as great as they are when applying to an early decision school.
Early decision is the early admission program offered by most colleges and universities. Applicants must commit in advance to attend the early decision college if admitted. Applicants caught applying to other schools in the early admissions period are automatically rejected by the admissions committee. In practice, this rarely happens as most applicants are well educated about the process and do only apply to one early decision school.
Early decision colleges generally offer students a better chance of admission if they apply early. Students should be aware though that they will shoulder the burden of proof if they seek a release from their commitment to attend if their financial aid awards vary significantly from their ability to pay. Fortunately, very few students seek this release.
« on: March 16, 2004, 10:33:32 AM »
I have been accepted at both Santa Clara and Univ of San Fran (as well as several other schools). Santa Clara has offered me 17k in scholarships, I am a finalist at Loyola Chicago for a scholarship for 3/4 tuition, and Howard Univ has offered me a 1/2 tuition scholarship.
Univ of San Fran is by far my first choice, but off course, they have offered no money.
What is the best way to tell them that i really want to go there, but that i need money to do so? Also, I will be visiting the campus next week. Should i start off with an email asking for additional funds or should i just schedule an appointment with the admissions office without telling them that i want to discuss money?
Also any thoughts on USF v. Santa Clara v. Loyola Chicago>
I didn't apply through any sort of early admissions programs so I don't need to worry about that. I will still check with the schools to make sure (maybe speed up their decision) but I think that's what i'll have to do.
« on: March 15, 2004, 09:18:50 PM »
There is one school that i really want to go to and the other school is my second choice school
i have applied for several scholarships and if i get enough money, i will go to the first choice school. But I want to have the second school as a back up so to speak. I understand that the deposit is nonrefundable. My second choice school has already sent around a letter to applicants informing them that an extension of the deposit deadline will not be possible.
So my question is, can i send deposits to both schools to buy myself some time until i know about the outcome of the scholarships?