Unfortunately my prof is all about FI... so oh well, practice makes draining, lol
This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.
Messages - Ivy_Hopeful
« on: December 04, 2006, 09:13:19 PM »
I have finished all my outlines and have been studying (2-3 hours a piece) them quite precisely all you can do is take Practice exams (if applicable) practice multiple choice target areas of weakness and study your outlines in a congrant fashion with your exam prep (in other words) study K outline.... then do K practice exam.... stude Crim outline .... then do MC's etc... I have the next 2 weeks mapped out from wake to sleep best way to get things done and if you have ANY questions as to the material put ASK PROF in bold nect to concpet and during review (if you have one) or office hours hit Control + F when u open your outline and hit find all this will highlite every ASK PRof SO YOU CAN make deadly sure your rules are staded accurately cause if not you are draining your brain just to learn new rules later ... luckily each one of my classes has review during week 14 (wrap up week) so this is easy for me .... but hang in there oh and BTW I have not been on LSD in forever... yet I was the first senior citizen on this site (look at when I registered) so I have been through the whole process trying to help y'all out now Im in LS im so happy and yet so BUSY best of luck to all in your studies (unless you go to my school, lol),
Darrell (by the way I am not in an ivy school but the standards at my school are very high and they dont allow open book or take home exams.... but they prpare to be an attorney not just a memorizer...
You can pull through this, I am a living example. In order to help with securing some private loans later on I had to go down the same road of tough choices. I chose to ride it out until everyone one of the several creit card companies and or collecting agencies cut me a deal to shave off huge percentages of the toal principal loans (as much as 70% off) settled out of court and not even charged off on my credit I now owe a total of 351.75 (10 dollars a month) on one credit card and ofcourse these are my loans from college. In total before I owed more than 50,000 in debt and don't think I could even get close to affording to pay most of that. So in a way although the creditor calls every 5 minutes seems scary and annoying, there is a nned of "sucking it up." Afterall if you are on this froum I must assume you are on the road to be coming an attorney, while these poblems get worse before they get better in 5-10 years (barring bankrupcy until 7 years after) you will be in much better position. The best news you can receive is for the long term your credit score is only a snapshot of your life. In five years with no bancrupcy and a successful firm or practice cc companies wil be hounding you for unsecured credit in the thousands (even platinum 100,000 or Amex).
Just my $0.02
This is setup like an error message but if you hit the }I'm feeling lucky" button it just goes to a website without warning type the same thing at search and you will see that it is a webpage specifically designed to thwart this google option or search parameter.
« on: January 13, 2006, 10:13:23 PM »
1. Top 5 bands/singers/groups of all times: Nirvana, Metallica, Crash Test Dummies, Red hot Chili Peppers
2. Your view on marriage/kids: Marriage: Happily married for almost 2 years / Kids: If it wee possible then I would love them.
3. On a scale of 1 - 10, with 1 being most conservative and 10 being most liberal, you consider yourself a... 8.999 (very little connservative views but mainly liberal and progressive and a male femenist ta boot!)
4. LSAT score: Well if you feel this is relevant: 141 unaccommodated
5. Tell me something funny here: My mom acyually "feels" that Ican get into ASU law school with my LSAT score.
6. Favorite beer: Nimbus Dark Ale (largest microbrewery in AZ)
7. What is your view on cats? Am I one of the few cat lovers (had a very special cat for over 24 years, that's right 24 years) I love cats, and I miss mine (he has been gone for 2 years as of August 12 this year)
8. On a scale of 1 - 10, with 1 being most traditional and 10 being most liberal, how traditional are you about gender roles? Absolutely an 11!
9. Last book you read (not a book for class): The vagina monolgues and Al Frankin's The Truth
10. Where were you born/raised? Born in Lemoore, Californai / Raised in Phoenix Arizona
11. Religion/how often you attend religious services: I was a devout roman catholic as a child now I am a non-practicing lutheran / agnostic
13. Favorite food: Used to be salisburry steak now it is pickles (kosher dill [vlasic or claussen] or zesty)
14. # of cultural events (theater, galley shows, ballets) that you go to in an average year: 3 to 5
15. Height: 5 ft 7 in on a good day and 5 ft 6 in tall on a bad day.
If I get admitted it will be the second school I have been admitted to since this appication cycle began *fingers crossed*
So my SAT of 900 and LSAT of 141 means I am an idiot? If you believe this and also belive that no mitigating factors can exist for doing poorly on either/both then I will not comment on the people that play into this unfair system.
I have done very well in college (3.89+) and finished my degree in approximately 2 years, and yet I have to answer to an exam that places me at the bottom of food chain that governs the majority of an adcom's decision?? I do not mean to vent so much. I will just say that I am not alone in my thinking and I have been a part of LSD since August of 2003. This elitist mindset that has festered over the years here (which I can understand as far as pride is concerned) is very upsetting. Sorry to hyjack the thread I am just disappointed. And before you flame me look at my posts dealing with my score and the reasons, thank you.