« on: March 14, 2005, 05:10:37 PM »
2. The Cure
3. The Smiths
2. The Cure
3. The Smiths
This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.
Messages - long_gone
That said, the reason I know that Brock is an inferior school is simply entrance averages.
This can be valid, but it tells us nothing about grading practices of Brock itself. Therefore, we still don't know if it is any easier to achieve a 3.8 in Brock, because we don't know the curve (official or unofficial).
I don't even know why I'm bothering with this but:
That said, I feel that UofT is a better law school than the others and their stricter admissions policy is part of the reason for this.
I wouldn't doubt it's a part of the reason, but nowhere near the whole story. McGill doesn't even require an LSAT and its GPA requirments are below more than one school, but it still manages to do just fine. I'd say the amount of $$$ the school has matters, but then look at McGill again. Maybe I'd say research matters, but then look at McGill yet again in the last ten years... The issue of 'reputation' is a complex one.
As for this:
A school that doesn't bother to find out that a 3.8 gpa at Brock is nowhere near equivalent to a 3.8 gpa at Queens, can hardly be said to have a very effective admissions policy.
No offense, how exactly do you know that your Queen's GPA is superior? Have you studied extensively at Brock? Have you looked at their curve subject-by-subject and compared them with Queen's? Or are you just buying into the old 'if you can walk and talk you can go to Brock.'
« on: March 09, 2005, 01:20:50 PM »
1. Speaking of softball, (baseball too), I to this day do not know the rules
2. I jest not.
« on: March 09, 2005, 01:17:34 PM »
1. ekc is back, but who are you?!
1. Is this by any chance SaVannah, the creator of this, the ultimate LSD thread?!
2. If so, everyone is getting back indeed.
3. If so, couldn't keep away, could you?
« on: March 09, 2005, 01:10:20 PM »
1. Yeah, my post count has hardly changed in months, I mostly lurk nowadays
2. So I guess I'm off and on too
3. Especially during the app season, I didn't really want to talk to my family let alone visit the boards often.
4. Bravelexer: I am caecilius
« on: March 09, 2005, 01:03:55 PM »
1. ekc is back?! Since when!?!?!
2. Now I feel like it's September 2004 all over again and I still have an LSAT to do