This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.
Messages - AshleyNicole
« on: September 16, 2009, 12:08:21 PM »
I just got off the phone with the LSAC and because I missed the test date deadline the only way I can not take the Sept test is to not show up and receive an absent. Unfortunately, law schools see this I guess. And even more unfortunate, I already have an absence from last Oct when I decided to take a year off and take it this year. If I don't take it in Sept, I'll receive an absence and law schools will see I have two absences. If I do take the LSAT, I'll score in the low 160's and have to retake in Dec when I'll receive most likely a much higher score.
Which scenario is better really? They both seem pretty bad...
« on: September 15, 2009, 12:46:50 AM »
So will law schools see that I was absent at the test? I know it's too late to change the date for the $66 change fee, but I can still not show up and then register again for the Dec test right? Do I notify the LSAC or just not show up?
« on: September 14, 2009, 02:16:44 PM »
Thanks for responding to my post, I really appreciate it. What do you mean when you said I probably won't do as well in my cycle if I would apply in October?
« on: September 14, 2009, 02:09:07 PM »
I'm registered to take the Sept. LSAT, but I'm debating on whether I should wait to take it in December. I've had minimal time to study this summer and have only taken three PTs, but my scores were in the low 160s. My goal is a 168+ and I'm positive I can reach that score if I study the next few months and take the test in Dec, but I'm worried about sending in my applications too late. How much of a difference will it be submitting apps in January than in November?
Is it better to apply in November with say a 162-165 or in January with a 168-170? My GPA is pretty solid: 3.7 if that helps in offering me advice.
I know waiting another year would be ideal, but I really don't want to wait. I'm already taking a year off by applying this year. However, if submitting apps in January will drastically affect my chance of admittance I guess I would consider applying next year...
I really would appreciate any advice anyone has to offer. I don't know what to do...
« on: July 25, 2009, 03:45:23 PM »
I just tried registering for the LSAT in September and apparently all the test centers in my area (Mpls) are full. Should I pay anyways and join the waiting list? What happens if a spot doesn't become available? Do I travel to another city and take it there or do I wait until December. How bad is it to apply to law schools in January?
Any advice/experience with this would be great.
« on: May 08, 2009, 11:18:51 PM »
Do you think it's a good idea to just sit down and take a PT from start to finish before studying? I mean, absolutely no studying on the test at all; just take a PT and see how you score? Why or why not?
« on: January 07, 2009, 05:53:35 PM »
Hope you don't mind me asking... what were your numbers? GPA/LSAT?
« on: August 01, 2008, 01:09:16 PM »
Yeah, I talked to the LSAC and they pretty much said, "we don't care; we're counting ALL grades, even if you didn't get credit for them." Totally bums me out and I don't know what to do. It's tough going from a 3.8 to a 3.3. It's not that I don't want to go to law school that bad, I do. I just know I can get a really good score on the LSAT but it's not going to pay off because of my GPA.
If I wait and take a year off, I can send my transcripts in after this year's grades are posted on my transcript. My LSDAS gpa will be around a 3.55. Would you do that and take a year off or would you just apply this fall and pray?
« on: July 31, 2008, 03:41:01 PM »
Does anyone know anything about this? I'm looking into it at the community college I attended six years ago. I have a 3.8 gpa at the University I go to now, but when I recalculated my LSAC gpa, it went down to a 3.3 (which I have an extremely justifiable reason for my grades at c.c.) I'm scoring between 165-170 on PT's but after recalculating I figure I might as well not even go to law school. Anyways any info. on this academic renewal process would be great. Can you "renew" more than one semester?
Also, if I can't get any of the bad grades off my transcript, do you think it's worth waiting a year to apply so this coming year's grades would be accounted for? If I did this, my lsac gpa would go up to a 3.55 and I would graduate with probably a 3.85.
What do you think? Honest answers appreciated.
« on: July 31, 2008, 03:31:34 PM »
Will I be OK if I send my transcript over at the end of August?