Cornells tuition will be around $44,000. Can anyone beat that?
This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.
Messages - tc24135
« on: February 22, 2008, 12:45:52 PM »
Hey everyone coming to Michigan, I live in AA and would be happy to grad a beer or something or show you around. I am planning on attending duke for summer start this year, but if you need someone to show you around Ann Arbor, I've done all my undergrad here and would be happy to chill. My email is firstname.lastname@example.org, lemme know and maybe we can all get a beer at ashley's or something.
« on: February 21, 2008, 10:15:00 AM »
I was notified by email or phonecall by almost every school thats excepted me thus far (the exception being Texas, but it was very early in the cycle. I'd say that if you went decision and haven't heard anything, its probably a waitlist or ding. This is just from my experience however. I got my acceptance from duke by email. Best of luck!!!
« on: February 20, 2008, 05:11:58 PM »
Haha I was "offered" it very recently after I had already applied to Duke and ruled out getting in. Moreover, I had already planned my trip although I think now I'm leaning towards sucking it up and going this may cause it is an awesome opportunity.
« on: February 20, 2008, 12:54:29 AM »
Fair enough, I just don't know if I'm ready to start law school so soon after my undergrad finishes.
« on: February 19, 2008, 06:22:32 PM »
So here's my background. I'm a top candidate for law schools in terms of grades (4.0+) from a top public school with a 165 lsat (i decided i wouldn't retake even though i prolly could have done better), straight out of college (a bit of work experience through internships etc...).
Anyway, my top choice right now is Cornell, and I'm waitlisted at Penn, GULC, and Berkeley, and I'm still waiting to hear back from Stanford, NYU, Michigan, and UVA. My top choice would be Berkeley or Stanford. I was fine waiting to hear back from places and whatnot except yesterday I found out that I was accepted for the Duke Summer Program (JD/LLM).
I'd rather do this program than go to Cornell but it starts in May/June which kinda sucks. I've also got a trip planned until mid/june touring around asia, so if I decide I Duke, I think I would try to defer (if possible). Anyway, does everyone think it's worth waiting out the waitlists and the apps I haven't heard back from or should I try and find something to do (work etc...) and defer to start in May/June '09? Any advice or guidance what I should do would be much appreciated! Also, money and such is not so much an issue.