This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.
Messages - duderancher
« on: May 08, 2008, 05:59:13 PM »
I am 48 years old. Scored 158 Sept 07, 162 Dec 07. My GPA was just 3.0 but with alot of wreckage years ago followed by the final two years very strong. I got about a 90% tuition scholarship at a T3 and some smaller stuff elsewhere.
« on: April 29, 2008, 01:31:27 PM »
Update. I spoke with Amy Winehouse and she gave me good advice. It was very nice of her to take the time especially with the news of her most recent episode with the British police being reported all over the globe. I called the University in question Monday a.m and spoke with the second in command as the director was unavailable Monday. She was receptive and promised to get back to me Tuesday, today, which she did and I am restored to admitted with seat deposit paid and scholarhip. I think a key was the fact that I had paid the seat deposit prior to my withdrawal. Plus, they genuinely want me there. I will visit in a few days.
« on: April 27, 2008, 08:25:24 AM »
Where is a good place to purchase a Lenovo?
« on: April 26, 2008, 04:11:53 PM »
51.......I had an extended adolescence.
« on: April 25, 2008, 10:15:06 PM »
They came after me pretty hard. I was offered just a few thousand short of a full scholarship. Since I already emailed, I suppose I should at least wait for the response, don't you think?
« on: April 25, 2008, 10:02:44 PM »
I paid the deposit on April 1st, visited another school's ASD on the 11th and paid the deposit there, and on the 13th I withdrew from the first school. I was very respectful and complimentary in my withdrawal and even mentioned that I was afraid that I would second guess my decision. Initially, I was emailed by "the admissions office" and then a few days later, I received a more personal email from the admissions dean. This evening, before I posted this thread I replied to her email and expressed my regret at having withdrawn. It was after normal work hours. I didn't outright ask to be "reconsidered" but I feel like I opened the door for them to offer. The reason that I didn't just outright ask is that I would still want to visit and get a better feel before I totally committed. I had attempted to visit before but a family emergency caused me to cancel a few days before. This school is a few states away.
« on: April 25, 2008, 09:42:11 PM »
There is a pretty big scholarship involved in this. I was trying to do the right thing by freeing up the scholarship but should have waited a little longer, I guess.
« on: April 25, 2008, 08:32:40 PM »
I withdrew from a university 2 weeks ago and have really questioned it since. I thought I had made my mind up but now I am not sure. Has anyone here ever withdrawn, recondidered, and reapproached a school? Regardless, does anyone have any advice for me on this?
« on: March 31, 2008, 03:03:53 PM »
I think I read something about extensions at some point and got it confused with waivers. I have already paid one seat deposit and will now most likely ask for an extension of up to May 1st or so for my April 15th deadline school. If I still haven't heard from my waitlist school by then, I will pay up or move on.
« on: March 28, 2008, 10:40:29 PM »
I'll agree with rtqw--they make you pay because they want to make it hurt if you back out. Seat deposits are supposed to be for serious. Is this situation really optimal? You can't choose at all which of these three would be your second choice beyond the home-state school? If you really can't, I'd wager you're going to have to eat the deposit money.
I think after visiting the first school next week I should be able to get a much better feel about them and I have already paid the money there so that buys me a little more time with them. I will have 11 days and 17 days after the first visit to think about the next 2 schools. If the 17 day school hasn't offered me significant money by the time of their deposit, they are out so maybe that takes care of itself. Maybe it will all come clear before the time I have to commit the money. I am crazier with this than with studying for the LSAT and waiting for results. The 17 day school is blowing out Michigan State at this moment. Thank you for the advice.