« on: September 28, 2009, 11:20:17 AM »
Híokay, soÖ Sorry about how long-winded this may end up being, but I had a few questions and time is of the essence. I also apologize if this turns out to be a really stupid question Ė I only decided on pursuing law school at the end of this summer, so Iím still kind of green when it comes to knowledge regarding all the ins and outs of the application and acceptance process.
Well, long story short, I had one of those awful LSAT horror stories. My experience was the stuff of nightmares. I took a prep class, was hitting solid 160+s on my practice test, then went into take the actual LSAT this past Saturday and just freaked out. I donít know if I was super nervous or if I was still experiencing the effects of the sleeping pill I took at 8 the night before (Iíve taken them before and I figured Iíd be so nervous that I wouldnít able to fall asleep, thus the pill-poppage) but I simply couldnít focus on the first section of the test Ė which, for me, was reading comprehension, usually one of my stronger points. Alas, I reached the five minute mark and still had a whole passage to read. The shock and awe at my horrible performance carried over into the following section and, although I mostly recovered for the third section it wasnít until I had my 15 minute break that I really got myself back under control. I came back, rocked the last logical reasoning section and did the best Iíve ever done on logic games Ė the area I was worried about the most. Go figure.
Now, my question is this. Iím expecting a score that is significantly lower than what Iím used to. Iím pretty much positive of this. My LSAT prep teacher said that most schools just take the highest of the two scores but should I cancel this test I just took? What if heís wrong and what if I did especially atrocious? The only reason I donít want to cancel is to see how well I did on the last two sections but if having one LSAT score thatís significantly worse than (hopefully) the one I take in December is going to affect my chances at admission in schools I donít want to take that chance. What do yíall think? What would yíall do in my situation? I have six days to cancel and itís been two so I need to make a decision quickly.
Also Ė I know that ideally one should apply right after the September LSAT but, unfortunately, I no longer have that luxury. How shafted am I when it comes to applications and admissions? Is it bad enough that I should wait until the next cycle a year from now? I've been getting conflicting opinions on this, both from friends and from posts on this board. Let me know what you guys thinkÖ
Thanks so much for all your input, guys. Once again, I apologize if I sound like a complete buffoon but Iím a little confused, flummoxed, verklempt, etc.