Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - mclawschool

Pages: [1] 2
1
Hi all :)
I have a question, please-
I have been rescheduling/postponing taking the LSAT for about two years now. This has been for many different reasons- either I was too nervous, not prepared or work got in the way.

My question is when I finally do take the test- I'm reeeeally hoping to take it in Sept 09 finally, will it look bad to the schools I apply to? Will they be like, why has this girl postponed taking the LSAT so many times?

Thanks in advance!

2
Recommendations / Will my letters of recommendation still be okay?
« on: November 16, 2008, 11:57:33 PM »
Hello all-
I've been preparing to take the LSAT/Apply since 2007.
I got two professor letters in around October 2007.
After much fear/other factors/consideration, I won't be applying til 09 (For Fall 2010).

Will these two professor letters be okay to use? I've been starting to think they'll be considered "old"- though I have been out of school since 2005. I'm also planning on getting current letters from my employers (I work at a law firm).

Any advice? Will using those two older professor letters still be okay?
Thanks!

3
So they actually let you change your test date 3 days after the LSAT?
The October LSAT is the 3rd. They allow you to change your mind 3 days after the test? So you just dont show up and then change the date? Does this show up on records?

Thanks again!!!

4
I'm scheduled for the upcoming October LSAT but if I see that I am not progressing throughout this last month, I'd like to change the test date to the next LSAT date. When is the last possible day I can do this?

Thanks all!

5
Thank you so much.
I feel a lot better about taking it in Feb now. Especially since I really didnt want to postpone it any further and lose any momentum thats building up now until Feb.

6
Thank you for your reply :)

What if, though, worst case scenario one of those horror stories about mis-bubbling happens and you need to prove to the LSAC that you mis-bubbled. Can you still do something then?

7
I have another dilemma. I went to change my test date to Feb. and saw that it was a non-disclosed test. SHould I still go ahead and take it in Feb?

8
Studying for the LSAT / I'm postponing LSAT to February- Need Advice
« on: November 14, 2007, 05:14:34 PM »
Hi everyone-
After much thought (as usual) I have decided I'm going to take the LSAT in February now.
I can't believe after originally signing up for September I am yet again postponing.
I am actually feeling a lot better about it and went from scoring 140s on my practice tests to scoring 160 on my last one.
Anyhow, its hard to miss the application cycle and wait another year but in the long run I think its worth it.

Ok, so my questions are: Any advice on what I should be doing these next two months before February? I have already taken a prep course.
Also, I would really like to get into NYU, Columbia or Fordham.
MY GPA is 3.66. What LSAT score would you recommend I get to get into each? Do I have any sort of chance getting into any of the 3 if I continue and wind up getting a 160?

Thank you to all!!! :)

9
Hello-
I am taking the Dec. 1st LSAT and have most of my application requirements in at LSAC. Should I have them send over everything before my score? Or as soon as I get my score just have them send everything completed to the schools?

Thank you!

10
well of course I'm worried about my score but right now my big problem is whether to even apply for next fall.
I've been hearing that regardless of your score if you wait too long you can be rejected.

Pages: [1] 2