aac, I'm still waiting - not hopeful at all - but still waiting nonetheless.
Messages - bewitched
« on: June 07, 2006, 02:59:35 PM »
CanHelp does seem a little questionable... the disbursement fees are really high. For NYU, I'm using the Citi Bank loan program for a small amount of the fees (to establish some US credit history). Borrowing from parents seems to be the way to go
For what it's worth, I requested an expedited response (last week) and was waitlisted... So clearly it doesn't completely kill your chances of being put on the waitlist. (Although, as you point out, a WL pretty much = a ding, so it's not particularly meaningful).
I noticed on the website that if you're facing scholarship deadlines and have yet to receive a decision from Yale, you can email the admissions office with that information. I did this on tuesday and have yet to hear a thing... Has anyone else had a similar experience? If so, at what point is it appropriate to follow up with a phone call? Yale's a bit of a pipe dream anyway, but I just can't imagine deciding where to go without at least knowing my status there.