« on: August 15, 2008, 11:06:50 PM »
Hope this little, short contribution helps:
1. LEEWS helps! The presentation was long but good. You actually get your first framework for thinking like a lawyer here. I think this program is very good and I highly recommemnd it.
2. Sit up front, in the zone. I'm not sayin' you have to sit in the front row but don't go past the third 'cause nickels like me are greedy and theoretically don't want anything to get past their row. lol...
3. Leave that muddaphucin' laptop at home 'cause I promise you even the best of the best spend too much time on the phuccin' internet during class. You've got to master sitting through and processing boring azz chit. Get used to it, it's the life we chose.
4. You are not a mudda-phucin' court reporter! Your job is NOT to transcribe EVERY muddaphucin' word that comes through the professor's mouth. If that's what you wanted to do you should have gone to court reporting school or whatever the phuc they call it. lol. Seriously, you will be better off preparing your azz off, sitting at the professor's feet, listening with with all your heart, and throwing yourself into the fire by participating. Take that rule of law and start applying it, wielding it for your client, in class.
5. Don't complain. Your a phuccin' new-boodie who knows chit about the law, so shut the phuc up and stop complaing about the professors, this, that, or whatever. You get on my muddaphuccin nerves!!!
6. That big azz red PMBR book is muddaphucin gold! The rule of law, the context of that rule, serious azz multiple choice questions to test that rule, and bangin' azz explainations that are somewhat a template for exams answers!!! What else could you ask for? I got that here and it works! Sands put me up on that. Good lookin' out dawg!
With all that said, I'm super happy to see more black folks enter their 1st year 'cause we need you here! And from my 1st year experience, we add and contribute soo much that in no time you'll be enveloped with an appreciation that's pretty enjoyable.
Take care of business! And remember, THE WORLD IS YOURS!!!