Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Topics - adcqtpie

Pages: [1]
Where should I go next fall? / Loyola Univ - Chicago v. American Univ
« on: April 03, 2004, 08:22:51 AM »
I really can't decide between the two.  I was fortunate enough to receive approx 21k in scholarships from Loyola vbut nothing from American.  AU says there is a possibility that they will be able to offer financial assistance but they won't know until the fall semester.

What do you guys think?

General board for soon-to-be 1Ls / Pre Law school prep courses
« on: March 21, 2004, 09:17:06 AM »
Is anyone thinking about or already decided to take on of these courses, such as  Bar/Bri?  On the one hand, I can see the benefit, but on the other, it could just be a waste of time...

Any thoughts from those who have taken them or those who plan to?

Thanks! ;D

I have been accepted at both Santa Clara and Univ of San Fran (as well as several other schools).  Santa Clara has offered me 17k in scholarships, I am a finalist at Loyola Chicago for a scholarship for 3/4 tuition, and Howard Univ has offered me a 1/2 tuition scholarship. 

Univ of San Fran is by far my first choice, but off course, they have offered no money. :( 

What is the best way to tell them that i really want to go there, but that i need money to do so?  Also, I will be visiting the campus next week.  Should i start off with an email asking for additional funds or should i just schedule an appointment with the admissions office without telling them that i want to discuss money?

Also any thoughts on USF v. Santa Clara v. Loyola Chicago>

There is one school that i really want to go to and the other school is my second choice school

i have applied for several scholarships and if i get enough money, i will go to the first choice school.  But I want to have the second school as a back up so to speak.  I understand that the deposit is nonrefundable.  My second choice school has already sent around a letter to applicants informing them that an extension of the deposit deadline will not be possible.

So my question is, can i send deposits to both schools to buy myself some time until i know about the outcome of the scholarships?

Pages: [1]