Law School Discussion

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Topics - sophia_bella

Pages: [1]
Incoming 1Ls / Law Degree for Journalism?
« on: May 08, 2005, 05:54:54 PM »
Does anyone know of careers that involve journalism where a law degree could be useful? I love to write and if money was no issue I would have pursued a career in journalism. Unfortunately, money is an issue so as for now I'll be attending law school and will likely pursue a career in the legal field. But my ideal job would be to either work for a mainstream magazine (anything from news/politics to fashion) or to work for a news network. Would pursuing a law degree be completely pointless for such a career? Or is there a job that involves a cross between the two genres? If anyone has any info. I'd LOVE to hear it. Thanks ;)!

Choosing the Right Law School / Still Waiting on USC?!?
« on: May 02, 2005, 11:45:55 PM »
Is anyone else still waiting for a decision from USC? I sent my app in mid January and with my numbers (3.55 GPA, 157+164 LSAT, 3.1 index) I was expecting a rejection a long time ago. When I called them today they said that they had still not made a decision. For a school to take so long does it usually mean that the adcomms haven't had a chance to look over all the apps, or do you guys think there's actually a possibility that they've read them but just can't make a decision either way? If anyone has any info/ideas please share! Thanks!

Studying for the LSAT / 7 point improvement...addendum?
« on: December 24, 2004, 01:07:41 AM »
Hi everyone, I'm new to this board and I need some advice. I'm currently applying to law schools (USC, Boalt, Davis, Hastings, Loyola, Pepperdine, top choice: UCLA). I have a 3.55, and I took the LSATs in Oct. and was SHOCKED when I received my score of 157. I had taken several practice exams and had consistently scored in the mid to high 160s. I even broke 170 on the two exams I had taken prior to the Oct. test. So I ended up retaking, and I got a 164 on the December exam. Seeing that I have a slim chance at most of these schools with my numbers, would it be to my advantage to write an addendum? I REALLY want to go to UCLA, (I'm almost positive I won't get in at this point) but I am hesitant because I think that the adcoms must have heard it all by now and it might seem a little desperate? Does anyone have some advice...I would really appreciate it!!!!
Thanks, Sophia

Pages: [1]