This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.
Topics - geezer
« on: October 14, 2006, 08:30:56 AM »
Like the subject reads:
Which is better? Essentially, the risk/reward of applying and becoming “complete” at all of my schools early (October) v. tying-up my application and trying to get a better (?) score on the LSAT in February? I'm applying to some T3/4 schools--some that take people with my current (ahem, terrible) score.
I can't take the December exam--too much going on with work.
What would YOU do?
Thanks a lot in advance...
« on: June 22, 2006, 03:08:55 AM »
If you don't want to go to Wyoming, PLEASE let them know (by e-mail)! A few of us would like the waitlist to start moving!
Thanks in advance,
« on: March 10, 2006, 11:57:39 AM »
What EFC cut-off mark would force someone into financing (totally) w/private loans? And--what's the average private loan rate these days? Any serious guesswork would be appreciated!
« on: February 25, 2006, 11:35:57 AM »
Help! This old Geezer needs some advice from all you sharp, savvy young minds.
Here’s the skinny—I have Adult ADHD (but it never prevented me from doing well in biz and supporting a family).
However, my LSAT percentiles:
’89: 61st percentile
’04: 33rd (on both tests)
Feb: I’m just too ashamed to admit (it’s bad, really bad).
To make matters worse, this Feb. exam (4th in two years) was requested by a state university that is considering me for their “special” program. I studied my butt off with Kaplan’s Mega Prep and then did a slew of actual tests (my timed tests improved substantially).
I was good and ready for the test and walked out of the room a little brain-dead, but knew that gave it my best and performed better than I thought I would on games, in particular. Unfortunately, RC (my strongest section) was the last, and I had trouble relighting the fire under my butt (still gave it my all, though). I thought I did better than any other recent, actual LSATs—-I was mistaken. Today’s e-mail was a punch in the gut!
Either this was my real score, I misbubbled or a cockroach fell into the machine just as my score sheet was being read. I don’t know, but the fact that the test is undisclosed is driving me nuts.
Now, here’s the question: the schools I applied to already know that I have ADHD from my addendums/PS. What should I do now? I definitely want to get my sheet handscored. However, the schools are waiting like vultures for this score. Do I write a letter, addendum, phone call or do nothing?
If you were an adcom what would you want to see (ahem, besides a better score or an application withdraw).
Any advice would be much appreciated!
« on: February 16, 2006, 11:31:32 PM »
As I'm overseas, and the mail is always late, I'm wondering if anyone who got accepted to Albany is also on the unsuppressed address list of the recent Albany e-mails (i.e. new adjunct and open house e-mails). The reason I ask is that Albany receives many more applications than the 250 or so e-mail addresses in that list...hmmm.
Please let me know...
« on: January 10, 2006, 09:47:11 AM »
Geezer is back! Hi all!
My vote: UCONN!
"How did you receive this LSDAS Electronic Application?"
Um..ah, maybe electronically through the LSAC...I dunno.
They rejected me last year?!?
How about some other stupid questions out there?
« on: November 08, 2005, 04:18:46 AM »
- I have a 2004 PS that was very good (describing my human rights work).
- I have another PS (describing myself and some personal things that I overcame).
I like both statements in different ways (the human rights PS is more interesting, but reads more like a research paper). I'm thinking about combining the two...
However, do adcoms pull last year's application and look at the PS? If anyone has any info, it would save me a lot of work!
« on: April 21, 2005, 01:22:36 AM »
It's very different than the other rejections. I made a cup of coffee this morning (mail comes early) and stared at the thin envelope on the table. Opened it, read the first two lines and put it down (instant stomach acid). Went back to it at lunch and noticed something strange after reading it in full. Anyone else get the same, last two lines as I did (you'd know it if you read them)?
If so, message me and tell me what you have. Hawaii is my first choice. Before I drop off any waitlists, spend another year running my business in Japan with a wife and (soon) three children waiting- I'd like to know that there is a snowball's chance in Hawaii for 2006!
Thanks in advance,
« on: February 02, 2005, 11:10:02 AM »
Anyone in or heard from U. Maine?
I applied in November, but haven't heard a word from them (forgot to include the SASPC with the application). U. Maine is one of my first choices, as I hope to live there with my family for the 'duration'...
Any posts are welcome!
« on: January 16, 2005, 07:17:32 AM »
Just wondering how everyone is doing. As for myself (37), I have weak numbers, but a lot of international, corporate, own biz and family experience. Most of all, I have drive. Will it make a difference? I don't know, but I hope it will make a difference...
Applied to 3 T1, 4 T2 and 2 T3 schools.
Hoping for U. Maine or U. Hawaii (I know- diagonal, but I came from New England and now live in Japan with an 'international' family).
So- what's your story? How was the LSAT? Are the acceptances coming in? Nothing here, but will let you know...