Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Topics - mtbrider59

Pages: [1]
I'm lining up all my financial stuff and taking care of family obligations that I can while I have the time. Anything else?

General Board / LEEWES System?
« on: May 01, 2008, 09:10:00 PM »
Anybody have any experience with it? Either seminar or CDs- are either worth it?

Golden Gate / Commuting from the South Bay
« on: April 30, 2008, 03:19:39 PM »
Looks like I'm going to Golden Gate for the Fall2008, I live and work in the South Bat so I'll probably ride the train into the City and either walk the 6-7 blocks from the train station to the school or take the light rail to the Montgomery St station..Does anybody else have any experience in commuting to zggu from the South Bay either by train or car or other means?  ;D

General Board / AspenLaw Study desk
« on: April 30, 2008, 03:05:11 PM »
Anybody have any experience with this software. Is it worth it, I'll be 1L this fall.

Where should I go next fall? / UBalt, Golden Gate, American, McGeorge?
« on: April 16, 2008, 03:10:36 PM »
UGPA is 2.85- BSEE Virginia Tech
LSAT- 152
Also an MBA w/3.71 GPA
and lots of work experience.
As of now I've been accepted to UBalt's evening program and waitlisted to AMerican's WCL.
I currrently live/work in the SF Bay Area so either of these choices would require relocating(I grew up in the Wash-Balt area, so I wouldn't mind leaving sunny Cal behind as I'll probably return to the Maryland area sometime anyway). I'm still waiting to hear from Golden Gate and  McGeorge. I can probably do the commute to GGU- so no relocation or job change needed. Though with McGeorge, I'd have to relocate and change jobs to the Sac area.  I need to submit my deposit to UBalt by 5/1, and won't have a job back there by that time, plus I'm still waiting on GGU & McGeorge who might not have their decisions to me by then;so I guess I'm either going to have to turn UBalt down or see if they could defer me until I can find employment back there(I believe there could be good opportunities for me ther in my field, it would just take some time to get r done). Also, the same holds true for American, if the contact me off their wait list I'm probably going to have to say no until such time as I find employment in the area. I'm hoping that GGU accepts me as this is the easiest transition for me. Is GGU a good choice or would I be better off persuing UBalt or maybe American?

Pages: [1]