PM me for more information. I'll offer a pretty good price.
This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.
Topics - groundkontrol
Pages:  2
Black Male URM
3.45 GPA from Cornell
Master's degree at another Ivy
159 December LSAT (up from 154)
Applied to all T14s plus some T30s and I've been accepted to a T20 already.
Already took year off to do my masters so I won't take another year off.
Apps have been submitted and will be reviewed in the first week of January according to the admissions offices I've spoken to. Am I likely to get into a T14 like Cornell (my alma mater) or Georgetown? Any other T14s? Thanks all.
« on: September 28, 2009, 11:41:39 AM »
After yesterdays LSAT I'm sure a lot of people are interested in this. Can some people give their experiences with T14 acceptances after taking the December LSAT? Did you submit your app in December/January? Did you submit your apps early (October/November) and just simply wait for that December LSAT score to get sent over to the law schools by LSAC?
Where were you accepted/denied/WL'ed in the T14? Thanks!
3.4GPA from Cornell. 155 LSAT (have been in this range for all of my PTs and am taking in September). URM Black Male.
If I get a 155 in September should I submit to Cornell EA (non-binding)? I would probably include an addendum saying that I will probably retake in December.
Is it likely I will get flat-out rejected? Based on LSN I figured I had a shot.
« on: September 13, 2009, 01:11:11 AM »
Hello everyone. Some background information first: I'm a black make and I just graduated from Cornell in the spring with a 3.4GPA and will be finishing my masters degree at Columbia in May 2010. I will be applying to the following schools: all T-14s (except Berkeley and Stanford), BU, BC, Fordham, St. Johns, American, GW, Brooklyn, Cardozo, Emory, Vanderbilt.
Currently, on most of my practices tests, even after a whole summer of practicing, I have been scoring a 155. I am currently registered for the September LSAT. I am hoping that putting in hard work the next 2 weeks can raise my score to 160/161. I think this will put me in contention for at least one T-14 (I'd be exhilarated to be back at Cornell). Even if I am still scoring below 160 I will more than likely still take the September exam and hope I hit 160/161.
Now this is where I need advice. If I do get below a 160 should I just go ahead and apply to all the schools and hope for the best? OR should I submit my applications in early October and attach a note saying that I am retaking in December? (I probably won't include this note for schools that I think I have a decent shot at with a 155 like Brooklyn and Cardozo). Will the admissions committee look at my application and then hold off on a decision until the December score arrives OR will they make a decision before my December score arrives OR will they not look at anything at all until my December score arrives?
Are there people who take the December LSAT that actually do get into T14's?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
I'm a black male URM with a 3.4 at Cornell, great LORs, and a ton of extracurriculars. I'm taking the LSATS in September. What LSAT would I need to have a chance at these schools?
UPenn (My top choice)-
« on: February 02, 2009, 11:23:20 PM »
I am registered to take the June LSAT. I had studied for the LSATS for a little while in October and November but my score wasn't where I wanted it to be and so I decided to put off this law school cycle and wait until the 2009-2019 cycle. I took a few practice tests in October/November and was scoring in the 150 range. I just bought the Offical LSAT SuperPrep and all 3 Powerscore bibles. What course of study would you recommend? SuperPrep first then move onto the Bibles? etc. Any help is greatly appreciated.
I am an African-American male with a 3.4 GPA at Cornell University. I have a ton of leadership experience. My only problem is my LSAT score. I have been getting in the 152 range on practice tests and I am registered to take the December exam. I was hoping to go to a T14 school or Fordham in NYC. Do I still have a chance at any? I really don't want to take time off between undergrad and law school. What would you guys recommend? Should I take the December LSAT? Is it possible to improve 10 points with two weeks left? Any advice is appreciated. Thank you.
Pages:  2