« on: April 10, 2008, 06:58:58 PM »
Hey everyone. Just wanted to gather some advice. I am dying to get out of Southern Illinois. I have wrote about this before as some might remember. Couple of things:.
1) since I go to a school that is not a Top tier school is it possible to get a judicial clerkship? I have yet to hear of anyone getting one.
2) I would LOVE to clerk at either the USVI, Northern Mariana, Palau(I know they require 1 year post JD at Palau), or somewhere like these areas.
3) i want to be a prosecutor when I get out so I am not worried if the right judical clerkship position would lead to a biglaw gig. Not interested.
4) I clerked for judges for about 6 months, I am doing an externship this summer with the SAO, I will also be working with a professor at my school who is working on a textbook doing research and writing for the textbook. Will this help me.
5) My ranking in my class is top 1/3 so I am not to high up there. I was 13th in my class but had to miss an entire month of school to be with my wife while she was in ICU. I still passed all my class above the median, but I still took a hit. Not trying to sounce egotistical, just want to tell what happened and see if anyone thinks that judges will look at this as a positive in a negative situation.
Anyway, I know I have alot of things going against me, but I will take any and all advice.