Law School Discussion

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Topics - WildRichLord

Pages: [1]
I got a hold letter from Northwestern today.  Harumph.

I've instructed LSDAS to send them my other two LORs (in addition to the two I already sent to Northwestern) and I'll work on the 'letter of continuing interest' tomorrow.  I'll be ordering my transcript with fall grades (I got one A- my last semester at UC Berkeley, grr) on Wednesday when they become available.

I don't think I can retake the LSAT, since I was absent for the December LSAT (violently ill) and I sent e-mails to all of the schools I'd applied to telling them that I wasn't planning to retake it again this cycle.

But here's what gets me -- they say they'll get back to me in May?  May?!  Most of the other schools have deadlines in early to mid-April.  It does say that if they can make a decision earlier, they will, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

It's frustrating -- NW is my new favourite school (since my LSAT score pretty much keeps me out of U Chicago).

Remind me why I'm doing this again...

Studying for the LSAT / Retaking Info
« on: October 21, 2007, 10:38:16 AM »
Hi, I'm new here; I just signed up in the aftermath of getting my not-terribly-impressive LSAT score (165 vs. a 3.93 LSDAS GPA from a big public West Coast school).  I'll be retaking in December, but I thought I'd share some information I got this morning on retakes.

I sent an e-mail to my Northwestern interviewer this morning (if you're unfamiliar with Northwestern's admissions process, they invite all of their JD applicants to interview with a local alum) asking if I should wait until my December score is released in January or if I should apply now with the score I have and mention in an addendum that I'll be retaking.

I got an e-mail back saying that she was in the office and I should give her a call.  I explained the situation to her; she said that a 165 is not all that bad (for me, anyway, but she knows my GPA and my work/life experience background).  She suggested I submit my application now and state in my addendum that I'll be retaking in December.  She also suggested that I mention how I did on each section (-0 RC, -2 LR 1, -1 LR 2, -13 LG; d'oh!) and that I'll be changing how I prepare for the December test.

Two take-home messages from this: (1) if you're retaking in December, submit your app (with your current, lower LSAT score) now and let them know that you're going to retake, and (2) I was very, very lucky getting the interviewer that I did.

My $0.02.

Pages: [1]