« on: March 28, 2008, 03:42:54 PM »
I will be visiting a school on April 4th that has a April 1 seat deposit of $100 that I have already paid. That's a reasonable amount and they are offering me a nice scholarship so I don't mind paying up. The following week, April 11th, I will be attending an ASD at another school which has a $250 seat deposit due on April 15th. I have the same situation the next week with another school (Visit 19th, pay by the 21st). I am still serious about all of these schools. I have been waitlisted by a school in my homestate that is much higher ranked than any of the prior mentioned schools. Because of the in state tuition and the ranking, I feel like I have to see if I am offered admission there before making a final decision. If I am offered admission I will most likely take the offer. How do I approach the 2nd and 3rd schools, with the $250 seat deposits, and ask for a deferral or waiver of the seat deposit? I am concerned about both spending the money and also, being misleading.