« on: September 24, 2008, 01:22:30 PM »
NPE has decided to try for the GW Early Decision, and the accompanying full ride. GW says that they don't require any recommendations, but that they accept up to two. NPE's academic adviser will be finished in the next couple of weeks with her letter, which NPE expects to be stellar. NPE's other recommender is notoriously slow, and while the letter is expected to be good, NPE does not expect it to be nearly as convincing as the adviser's letter. NPE's numbers, soft factors, etc. are in the LSN link in his sig.
If each of these premises is true, which course of action should NPE take?
A) Submit as early as possible, regardless of whether any letters are ready. Send them as they come in.
B) Submit when the adviser's letter is ready, but don't wait for the other.
C) Submit when both letters are ready.
D) Don't apply to GW Early Decision at all.
E) Hey, is that Alton Brown?