This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.
Topics - bt
« on: December 02, 2008, 05:36:47 PM »
Can we have a thread to keep track of what schools are giving out decisions at all? If you have received a decision or know someone who has, then post that school on this list. I'll start with what I'm aware of:
University of Texas
University of Virginia
Columbia University (ED)
University of Michigan
University of Pennsylvania
« on: November 04, 2008, 03:53:24 PM »
Please PM me if you're willing to give my PS a look. I plan on submitting it today probably. I am also willing to exchange if anyone wants opinions on theirs. Thanks.
« on: October 26, 2008, 10:06:27 AM »
but there's more behind those numbers...
3.88 - 2 yrs at CC
3.2 - 2 yrs at top LAC
so downward trend
June 08 - 170
Oct 08 - 174
decent leadership/volunteer/tutoring ECs, worked throughout college, first gen college student
Also would apply to:
but I really, really want to go to NYU. Only real competitors, if I got in, would be Columbia, Harvard, and Berkeley.
« on: October 25, 2008, 11:18:58 AM »
2 yrs at CC, 2 yrs at top LAC
downward GPA trend
CC GPA: 3.88
College GPA: 3.2
LSAC GPA: 3.7
June LSAT: 170
Oct LSAT: 174
Worked throughout college, first gen student, volunteer tutor throughout, pres. student govt. at CC
Top choice is NYU, but worried still about the potential that they will average my LSATs in combination with my GPA trend. Will be including addendum basically saying that college GPA would be closer to 3.45-3.5 had I not taken and received the average grades for upper level math courses.
« on: October 02, 2008, 05:17:32 PM »
Anyone willing to read it? I'm looking for comments on what's there as well as comments on whether I should add to it, what I should use it as, etc.
« on: August 06, 2008, 01:08:03 PM »
Potentially a very dumb question but...
I am really lacking in the awards/scholarship department. There's a big blank on my app where it asks for those. But as far as scholarships go, I did receive the Eliot Presidential Scholarship from WashU (which was like 20k/yr)...only I didn't end up going to that school. I'm guessing it would be really stupid to list that scholarship since I didn't go there, even if it's not a bad scholly?
« on: July 19, 2008, 12:56:52 PM »
I took the June test and scored a 170 and am not signed up to retake in October. I'd like to bump my score up 2-3 points. I'm looking at doing the Testmasters weekend course. I am very weak in the RC section compared to others (-5 in June). Would it be worth it to take the course?
« on: July 05, 2008, 12:35:44 AM »
So I took the June 08 test and scored 3 points below my goal. I've registered for the October test but unfortunately I've done every test that's out right now. I know one or two new tests will be released by LSAC between now and then and I can use those, but how should I study the old material? I've read the Bibles already and with my current score, I don't think a test prep course would really be beneficial. Please help.
« on: July 04, 2008, 11:53:39 AM »
I log into LSAC today to register for the October test (deadline Sept 2nd) and the link is gone. Same for the Monday (sabbath observer) test. Is it already full? Does this mean I am now stuck with my score or does the link sometimes reopen?
« on: July 03, 2008, 07:27:48 PM »
I'm probably going to apply ED to NYU after receiving my June LSAT score.
I know that it is recommended that one apply as early as possible to law schools, so I'm going to submit all of my apps in September/early October.
If one applies ED to a school, does it matter when the application is submitted? With RD, I understand it is better to apply in October than in December, but does it make a difference with ED?
I ask because I want to retake in October as I scored 3-4 points below my average. NYU is still my #1 choice regardless, but if I do end up getting a higher score in October (173/174) I wouldn't want to be locked into ED because of the financial aid difference that is likely. But, if I end up applying RD to NYU (which I wouldn't know until after the October score) it would be best to apply to NYU in September RD.
Anyways...my question is, can you submit an application RD to a school and then later change it to ED? NYU's ED deadline is November 15th, so if I could submit my app in Sept for RD, then I could retain the option of applying ED without possibly sending in my RD app later in October.