Who else is going?
This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.
Topics - Morning Star
I haven't been to any ASWs so I apologize if this question sounds ignorant: but during the ASD, do you have to strictly follow the schedule of events that they've planned? Are you allowed to maybe skip a couple events and explore on your own instead? And is it ok if you have to leave early from the ASD?
« on: March 04, 2008, 03:35:49 PM »
I have a friend who's about to graduate from a T6 law school, and she claims that public interest positions are harder to get than Biglaw. Is that true?
If so, is it because public interest jobs are GENERALLY tougher to land than Biglaw, or is it because T6 grads have such an "easy" time with Biglaw that RELATIVELY speaking, public interest jobs are harder to obtain?
1. Furnished vs. unfurnished: how "furnished" is the furnished? How bare is the unfurnished?
2. With regards to the apartment shares, are the roommate assignments totally random? Or is there a questionnaire that you fill out so that they can find you the best match?
3. Do you HAVE to stay in the same housing all 3 years? Or can you request a change if you don't like it? And what are the chances that your request will be accommodated?
Been thinking about how I should spend my 0L summer...
A few questions for people who've taught for Kaplan or are familiar with them:
1. How difficult is it to get a job with Kaplan?
2. Is it possible for one to just teach 2.5 months over the summer?
3. How taxing is the work itself?
4. What's the pay like? (NYC metro area)
« on: February 19, 2008, 04:24:58 PM »
I went online to check my FAFSA status and saw that it was processed sometime today. However, I never got an email notification telling me that it's processed. (My email is valid and I've gotten notifications every previous year that I did the FAFSA.)
So, does anyone know whether there's a lag between the time they process your FAFSA and when they send you the email?
And if it says on their website that my FAFSA is processed, then it's processed, right? Or does not getting the email mean that something might be screwy?