Law School Discussion

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Topics - pete.

Pages: [1]
Incoming 1Ls / Where did the time go?
« on: July 23, 2008, 08:35:09 AM »
Just realized that I'm moving NEXT week! Holy crap! ...totally snuck up on me and now i'm a little freaked out. Where did the summer go?

Transferring / transferring from T3 to Denver (T2)
« on: June 13, 2008, 07:07:17 AM »
what %ile would be required for this to be a safe bet?

in a couple weeks i'll be within a short drive of a school where i'm waitlisted and i'm thinking about stopping by to introduce myself. i just have no idea what i would say... anyone have any thoughts?

Incoming 1Ls / University of Idaho College of Law 2011
« on: June 04, 2008, 07:18:24 AM »
anyone else headed to moscow in the fall?

what are everyone's thoughts on this?

ok, so here's my predicament: i was offered admission at state school A and private school B and i am waiting to hear from state school C. all are comparably ranked and in places i would want to live although i would marginally prefer the location of B over A. i am out of state at state school A but at the time of acceptance, it was possible to get in-state status after 1L year. easy decision. since then however, school A's state government has passed a law making it harder to get in-state tuition (yeah nice timing). this makes things a little more difficult, but school A's tuition (even out of state) was still significantly cheaper than private school B. so i mail my deposit, no big deal.

TODAY, i find out school A perhaps wants to increase tuition by $4,000 in order to fund expansion. this is an estimate of the "average" cost per student and my fear is that out of state students will be forced to shoulder much of the burden and it will be more than $4,000 for me. so now, all of a sudden, maybe not much difference in cost between the two schools, but school B's deposit deadline has already passed. i want to contact school B and see if i can still get a spot, but further complicating this, i'm still waiting to hear from state school C, which i would attend over either of the other two.

what should i do???

Choosing the Right Law School / Wyoming, anyone?
« on: March 26, 2008, 09:24:53 AM »
has anyone heard from wyoming? they are taking forever.

if yes, how did they notify you?

So it's looking increasingly likely that i'll be moving across the country for law school and it's unlikely that i will be able to visit before school starts. Anyone have tips on finding a place to live from afar?

Pages: [1]