I have a dilemma. My safety school (UW-Madison) doesn't require a deposit but I need to respond with my intention to enroll by Aprl 17th. The card allows for three choices: "will attend", "will not attend", or "uncertain". From what I learned from talking to a school administrator, checking uncertain gives you another month to decide.
The deal is that I will defintely attend if I do not get into any of my top choices (which I have yet to hear from) but I haven't heard about scholarship $$ yet. Even though I'm an in-stater, I would really like some extra $$. My numbers are very competitive and I have several "diversity factors" going for me. From what I have heard from current students, UW really values diversity and only awards money for diversity.
I guess my question is should I check "unsure" or "will attend"
? I was thinking that unsure may help me leverage some $$ but I also don't want to alienate administrators. Any advice would be appreciated.