« on: May 24, 2007, 01:40:44 AM »
There are two schools that I am very interested in attending, one I was accepted to and the other I was waitlisted. The waitlisted school is ranked in the 30s while the other (accepted school), in a different state, is ranked in the low 70s.
My question is, would it be considered bad "etiquette" to send in the "put me on the waitlist" form if I am not 100% sure I would accept if accepted?
As I mentioned, I really like both schools. The one I was accepted to is local and I am familiar with it. The other (waitlisted school) I have not visited yet, but it has a strong program in an area of law I am interested in and is ranked more highly.
Also, I got to thinking...if I went to the school I am curently accepted to and later found I was not happy and wanted to transfer to this other school, would my chances be better if I was actually accepted now? I ask in part bkz I have seen some transfer forms that ask: "Have you ever applied here before. If 'YES', what was the outcome?" (some even state that if previously rejected there must be new, substantially improved achievments/material).
If I DID send in my Waitlist Form, and was accepted, and then accepted their offer while I briefly investigated the school--but later politely declined the offer (in favor of my more local school) ...would my chances be better down the road in the transfer process (for having been accepted the year earlier) or would I have burned a bridge?
Thank you very much for your help!