I am starting Cooley in the fall in Ann Arbor, MI. My gpa in undergrad wasnt very strong and I didn't have a great LSAT score. Like many other students my goal is to attend Cooley for a year then transfer to another law school such as Michigan State or Wayne. I want to have the best chance of getting a job once Im finished and I know going to a better school will do that. I understand that it will not be easy and that I must have a great gpa and be in the top 10% of my class. I want to make sure I put myself in the best position to achieve this and I need to understand more about the transferring procees. If you are a successfull transfer student from Cooley or you have any advice for me please help
1. How many classes should I take during the 1st yr? Full time (6 classes/15 credits a term, fall & winter) or Part time (5 classes/12 credits a term, yr around)? I don't want to overload myself but I want to make sure I have enought credits to transfer. From what I heard Cooley is rough....and I don't want to be naive about doing well.
2. Will I need a letter of recommendation from a faculty member/professor?
3. How likely is it that Mich State or Wayne accept transfer students from Cooley? What other schools should I consider?
4. Will transferring really be better for me in the long run or should I stick it out at Cooley?
5. Can I transfer after 2 yrs instead of after my 1st yr?
6. Anything else I should know or consider??