« on: April 11, 2006, 12:49:59 PM »
I sent my deposit to Syracuse, but now I am wondering if I should go to UCONN instead, and I only have a few days left before the UCONN deposit is due - please help!!
Here is my situation: I have no financial aid from UCONN. I had a situation with my taxes and didn't get to file until March because I was waiting for some forms. Long story. So I will not be getting any aid from UCONN or Syracuse. I do live in Mass, so I would get the New England compact state rate at UCONN for the first year, and after that in-state tuition. So based on UCONN's estimates, I'll neet to borrow $110K over three years to go there. I have a $27,800 a year scholarship at Syracuse, so if I keep that for all three years I'd need to borrow about $65K over three years. So UCONN would definitely cost a lot more.
I don't want to do BigLaw, so paying back the debt won't be very easy and is a big concern. I am 27, and I'd like to be able to buy a house shortly after getting out of school, so the less debt the better.