« on: January 08, 2011, 01:34:55 PM »
I just received a 167 LSAT score (95 percentile) that was higher than I expected after only 40 days of intense review. I have a UGPA of 3.9 out of 4.0 and graduated in 2006 from a top 5 engineering school. I also have a 3.7 GPA from Master's program from an Ivy League school. I have 4.5+ years of work experience.
I know 167 LSAT and 3.9 UGPA can get me into a t-14 school like Cornell, but I want to still keep my current job while getting my law degree. I currently have a low stress 45 hr/wk job that pays me around $90k per year with full benefits. I really want to keep my job and all the benefits that come with it. I was originally just planning to apply to Fordham P/T program, but with my LSAT score. I'm seriously considering F/T t-14 schools.
I need people to give me advice. I have listed the pros and cons of each decision:
P/T Fordham pro:
1. Keep my job. (4 yrs X 90 K ) = $360K
2. Continue to accumulate work experience.
3. Best P/T program in NY and 3rd in the nation.
P/T Fordham con:
1. Not a T-14 school. (Not really sure how this will affect job opportunities)
2. One extra year to get a JD. (4 years total)
F/T T-14 pro:
1. Higher ranking and more prestige.
2. Three years to get a JD.
F/T T-14 con:
1. Lose my job and medical benefits.
2. No steady cash income.
3. Stop accumulating work experience on my resume.
I need some input about my situation. If you are going to Fordham or graduated from there, please put in your two cents also. All comments will be appreciated.