Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Topics - Kire

Pages: [1]
General Board / Doors open more graduating from Toledo or MSU?
« on: March 22, 2010, 02:01:13 PM »
Would my job prospects be better graduating from Toledo or MSU for working in the Midwest? (I will be paying full price for both; still have Indiana-Indy pending and a few others, but can't wait because seat deposits are due very soon).

Acceptances / Better job opps in Midwest - U of Toledo or MSU?
« on: March 22, 2010, 12:11:59 PM »
I need to decide between two equally ranked schools: Toledo and Michigan State. I want to work in Midwest and wondering which school will open more doors outside of their state!

Catholic University of America / How did you like Catholic?
« on: March 13, 2010, 03:59:18 PM »
I just got waitlisted at Catholic U and wondered how you liked the school - and nearby living quarters.  Its pretty far from where I want to practice which is in the mid-west, but higher ranked than the other schools who already accepted me (Toledo, Cleveland, MSU 155/3.4). Any info about the school, job prospects afterward, or housing would be appreciated!

Would a year make a difference in getting into a better law school?  I'm ready to graduate and go straight into law school (155/3.4).  Most of my Accepts were from my Tier 3 schools (no surprise), and a couple Tier 2s; few pending l;ow Tier 1's. 

Think I should work on improving my LSAT and just wait another year to hopefully get into better schools?  I took the test twice and only improved a few points, but admit I didn't study or practice much for it.  Huge mistake, I know, and am paying for it now - but need your advice:  wait a year for law school and try to improve my LSAT or accept my score as is and accept what I have and attend Fall 2010 with the lower ranked schools?

It tears me up thinking I'll have all this debt from a Tier 3 yet I definetely don't want to wait a year if there is a possibility I'll be in the same situation!  <I can take harsh criticism and appreciate any straight forward opinion you have - even gentle words>

Still hoping for a Tier 1 to accept me, but already got offers from from Toledo, Cleveland, Ohio Northern, waitlisted by Michigan State and deferred by Wayne and Akron. The Tier 1s pending told me they'll have an answer in May, but the accepted schools want a seat deposit earlier. Any I should seriously consider - or stay away from? Please help!

Pages: [1]