Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Topics - warmwinds17

Pages: [1] 2
Where should I go next fall? / LOCI and updated resume
« on: April 01, 2009, 01:47:45 PM »
I'm planning on sending an updated resume and loci next week to schools that are pending and waitlists for me.  Would gladly accept any advice.

Where should I go next fall? / W&L waitlist
« on: March 18, 2009, 04:19:20 PM »
I'm on the W&L waitlist with a huge amount of people.  What are peoples' thoughts on this huge waitlist and on chances of getting off?  This also seems a huge departure from W&L's acceptance process last year.

Where should I go next fall? / deferrer a year?
« on: February 06, 2009, 11:15:39 AM »
Does anyone have first hand knowledge of deferring a year or asking to deferrer?  I have a really unique job oppurtunity that I can only take if I put of school for a year.  Also does anyone know anything in general about how willing schools are to deferrer scholarships?  Thanks.

Where should I go next fall? / Surprise Acceptances this cycle
« on: January 25, 2009, 12:10:24 PM »
I started this thread before but its been pushed to page 2.  List your numbers and any positive surprise acceptances for this cycle.

Where should I go next fall? / Best way to prepare for school next year
« on: January 18, 2009, 11:04:01 AM »
I wondering the best way to prepare for school next year.  Seeing as first year is so important, would you recommend taking one of these prep classes for school or reading any particular material?

Where should I go next fall? / applications left pending
« on: January 14, 2009, 10:49:13 AM »
quick question, looking through last cycle on lsn there are alot of people who leave some status' as "pending."  Alot of these are people were borderline at a particular school, so Im guessing those people were rejected or wl'd and didnt feel like announcing it.....or is that too broad an assumption (generally speaking)?

List your numbers and where you were surprised to get accepted or even wait-listed at.

Where should I go next fall? / 3.4/162, where should i reach
« on: January 07, 2009, 10:37:32 PM »
3.40 and a 162, have a very good connection at BU and did undergrad there (still hopes not huge).  Also reaching for SMU, American, UNC and Fordham.  Seen alot of waitlist activity for Will n Marie around me.  Looking for advice on where I should apply as reaches

Studying for the LSAT / where should I apply 3.4/161
« on: December 31, 2008, 11:29:36 AM »
Like Im sure alot of you I took the december LSAT and fell short, way way steel-toed-boot-to-the-nuts short.  I was testing (25+ times), believe it or not, in the high 160's and low 170's.  However I drastically underestimated the pure pressure during the test and forced myself into mental roadblocks and quasi-panic during the exam.  Anyways I scored a 161 (below my kaplan diagnostic in July) now like others I have to re-research schools.

Wanted some friendly input on where I should be looking.  So far I've come up with: Florida, Denver, Miami, U conn.  Going to move BU, Fordham and BC to my big reaches and target SMU and American.  Thoughts?

Law School Applications / Timetable
« on: December 11, 2008, 12:26:38 PM »
So I have a time table issue.  Basically all my stuff is ready to go besides my December LSAT score (retook from a poor October, did significantly better in December).  My prelaw adviser tells me that even if I send apps in stating to wait for my new score alot of schools will still review my app anyways as it is technically "complete," and that I want a good first impression (I doubt they will remember me). 

He says from his experience for a retaker the best thing to do is wait until about a week before my score is out to send in apps.  So when they review me it will all be there for them at one time.

So this isnt a huge problem but I dont like letting day by day go by before I enter the pool.  Its already relatively late so Im thinking of at least waiting a bit until my apps are at full strength.

Im interested if anyone else is in the same situation or has any feeling on when I should send things in.

Pages: [1] 2