« on: January 15, 2007, 05:51:42 PM »
Okay, here are the rules. They're simple.
1. List the 3 albums you think are the best.
2. Please avoid the blacklisted genres/subgenres listed below.
3. Please tell me in 2-3 sentences why these albums are worth my time. Include the reasons why YOU enjoy them so much.
4. Remember to list the full album name and the artist name, as well. If you know the release year, that would be helpful, also.
5. Very important: please tell me what genre it falls under/whom it sounds like/etc. This would be very useful.
1. Country. Occasionally I like some country, but it's rare. Just avoid it.
2. Vocal jazz, for the reasons listed above. A cappella is NOT necessarily vocal jazz, but be careful -- I like Take 6 and Boyz II Men, but don't like corny guys with combovers.
3. Drone. Nothing wrong with drone, but I've got enough. It's not really my thing.
4. Anything breadboy suggests. @#!* off.
5. "New cycle" rock -- by this, I mean indie-kids' favorite cock-rockers like the White Stripes, etc.
6. Nu-metal. Done with that already, thanks.
7. Anything firewalker suggests. @#!* off.
8. Regular electronica. I mean Oakenfold, etc. Again, nothing wrong with it, but I've got enough already.
9. "Popular" gangsta rap. See reasoning above.
10. Classic rock (older than 20 years). See reasoning above.