This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.
Messages - geezer
Pages:  2 3 4 5 6 ... 18
« on: July 07, 2009, 08:50:48 PM »
174? At 39?
Whoa! Somebody knows how to hold on to their brain cells.
Answer: Just about anywhere you want.
If the GPA is from years ago, don't worry about it. Adcoms are more interested in that 174. Good luck--you'll probably be getting a lot of free money. Lucky you!
GaijinGeezer (still here)
« on: October 14, 2006, 09:36:49 AM »
CocoPuff- I agree. If I don't get in anywhere (where I can study hard and try to transfer to a better school), I may just take the June LSAT--that will give me a lot of time to study. If I do much better, then I'll reconsider applying again next year.
Parsley- The "personal issues" are under control but will always be a part of my life. It's a good thing I caught them BEFORE I go to law school. As I wrote, the addendum is rock solid--they shouldn't have any doubts--hopefully.
Thanks for the fast input everyone! I'm off to sleep (10:40 p.m. here). I'll check back tomorrow...
« on: October 14, 2006, 09:21:15 AM »
Maine held my application until February last year (when I got my worse score!)...that was nice of them! One school didn't even bother to wait for the score (reject) and some decent schools waitlisted me. I just wonder what would've happened if I applied, went "complete" super early and didn't screw around with trying to take the LSAT again.
Assuming you already have a score, you can go complete everywhere in October and still try again in February. You'll just have to mark it on your applications. The key will be choosing schools that either don't ding people until the very end of the cycle and schools where you are borderline enough that they'll hold your application for further review at the end of the cycle. I think this strategy works better with people who have high GPAs, so if you're lacking in that department as well you may just want to retake in June and try for next cycle.
« on: October 14, 2006, 09:11:52 AM »
My GPA is from the 80's (not so good, but a nice spike in my last two years). My '89 LSAT score was in the 61st percentile, but I've dropped to the 33rd. I dunno, the more I study and take the LSAT, the worse the score gets (4 times incl. one cancel).
I have a rock solid PS and an LSAT Addendum that addresses some personal issues behind the recent LSAT scores (that I'm working through now). However, I don't think I'm going to break the mid-150s on the LSAT, no matter how much I study. I'm sitting on a 147 score right now. I'm looking at state universities (in the middle of nowhere), but I really want U. Maine (rejected 2x already). I'm ready to submit the apps, but I wonder if going complete this month when there's a lot of space is worth more than a 3-8 point spike (no guarantee) in February.
My gut instinct says to submit now....this is my last year of applying....
« on: October 14, 2006, 08:30:56 AM »
Like the subject reads:
Which is better? Essentially, the risk/reward of applying and becoming “complete” at all of my schools early (October) v. tying-up my application and trying to get a better (?) score on the LSAT in February? I'm applying to some T3/4 schools--some that take people with my current (ahem, terrible) score.
I can't take the December exam--too much going on with work.
What would YOU do?
Thanks a lot in advance...
« on: June 30, 2006, 12:39:36 PM »
Congratulations! Are your numbers on LSN? I thought I saw you there. I wish the Wyoming waitlist starts to move, because I have to relocate from Japan (and them letting me know two weeks before classes start will be a big project). I'm already making preparations, just in case.
Maybe we'll meet soon in Wyoming!
Once again: A clarion call to all others accepted at Wyoming. If you DO NOT want to go, please, PLEASE let them know NOW...
« on: June 22, 2006, 03:08:55 AM »
If you don't want to go to Wyoming, PLEASE let them know (by e-mail)! A few of us would like the waitlist to start moving!
Thanks in advance,
« on: March 10, 2006, 12:05:19 PM »
« on: March 10, 2006, 11:57:39 AM »
What EFC cut-off mark would force someone into financing (totally) w/private loans? And--what's the average private loan rate these days? Any serious guesswork would be appreciated!
« on: March 01, 2006, 01:34:57 PM »
Well, I called you an "ankle-biting Schnauzer", but I've always liked you and your opinions, regardless. No worries on the d-bag, thing.
I ignore most sucker punches, but I've had a bad week and there's mud on the ground, so I thought it was high-time that I threw some back. The whole point of this thread was to find out what to do with my current apps. in light of the new, lousy score.
Thanks for all of the great feed-back, everyone! At most, I now know what to do to with my current applications and made some new friends via e-mail. At least, I got a good idea of the people I'm going to meet in law school- if I ever go...
With that, I formally retire from this thread. I'll come back if a certain, top 100 school accepts me. Otherwise, "it's been emotional".
Good luck to you all!
Pages:  2 3 4 5 6 ... 18