This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.
Messages - NewlyMinted
Pages:  2 3 4 5 6 ... 24
« on: Yesterday at 11:01:21 PM »
depends on other factors, was it during a "heated debate" with someone (like the prof) ?
« on: Yesterday at 12:36:15 PM »
If OP is out there and reads this, let us know the progress. He said three years two years ago. It would be interesting to see where that lands him now.
I would have said to skip the masters since it was in an unrelated field and virtually useless, but by now he likely has it 3/4 done or more anyways.
« on: August 21, 2014, 06:45:39 PM »
Good writing skills, including grammar, are a big plus too!
I agree, and it's especially true when it comes to taking the bar exam. Those graders are blasting through hundreds of essays. If you can't state the answer in a clear, concise manner you're in trouble.
Not really. Unless you are talking a bar review or legal writing class. Just IRAC and you could have English skills that would flunk English1 in Freshman year of high school and still get an A-
« on: August 19, 2014, 05:50:35 PM »
The LSAT is multiple choice, so not a lot of grader discretion. Unless they mixed up your cards or something.
« on: August 19, 2014, 05:48:23 PM »
I'm a hospital pharmacist without any overt gripes about my profession or job currently. On the other hand, I cannot see myself doing this forever. I do enjoy the field of medicine and I would like to know what my prospects and options are regarding law school and a career as an attorney.
My GPA in school was a 3.1, but I believe with good preparation I can score well on the LSAT. With what I've got and a best-case-scenario LSAT score of 170-175, what would my options be?
As far as what I should look into to further evaluate whether or not I should take the plunge, what niche might my credentials and experience be suited for? I've considered IP law but my real interest would lie more around litigation and regulation in the field of medicine. Legal counsel for a hospital or a pharmaceutical company maybe? Or simply working as a medical specialist in big/mid law? I've read in other discussions that there is no benefit to having any credentials; that experts fill that role, but I feel as if my own understanding of medical sciences may help with evaluating and analyzing research materials.
Thanks in advance for your help
Kind of silly question here but are you a PharmD, or a lower ranking assistant?
Is that your undergrad gpa, grad gpa, or combo?
« on: August 19, 2014, 05:47:06 PM »
Yes and No.
Not saying it won't happen, just saying it has not happened yet.
I would not consider a 175 lsat a cakewalk even if they had a 4.0 GPA in it (which they don't)
« on: August 19, 2014, 12:28:15 PM »
As other posters suggested a 170-175 is not easy, and places you in the top 5% of college graduates that were motivated enough to go to law school, study for the LSAT, and had the fortitude to actually take the LSAT. There is a 95% chance you will not score that high. I imagine with your background you can score sufficiently high enough to attend an ABA school, and there is a 5% chance you will score a 170-175.
With that said, I think your best bet is to study for the LSAT and take the test. If you enjoy studying for the LSAT you will probably enjoy law school, and if you get a great score awesome the world is your oyster. If you hate studying for the LSAT and get a terrible score then law school was not for you. I know many people in your situation with an active career, which is where I was when I applied start thinking of the countless possibilities that could happen and put the carriage in front of the horse.
For now give up a few weeks to study for the LSAT and one or two hundred dollars for the test fee. If the score and studying goes well then really consider the pros and cons of law school. If the score and studying goes poorly then law school is not in the cards, and no need to stress about it.
Worth noting there is zero indication this score will be achieved, just a "base case scenario" hypo
« on: August 19, 2014, 09:45:27 AM »
The great attrition prices in the Vietnam War era were because of two aspects. First, going into that era, rating for undergrad applications and law educational institutions were a lot difficult. In many educational institutions quality rising prices came on in a big way as teachers desired to keep learners, even bad ones, away from set up forums. Second, most set up forums would pull individuals right out of law university to sent them off to the forested acres of Vietnam. Those that did managed on the concept that they had given you a deferment for a bachelors level (BA) and desire of an LLB was merely your brilliant way of preventing the set up by looking for another deferment. They would then set up you right out of law university. This triggered many educational institutions to be a part of Washburn and Chicago, illinois (the only educational institutions then allowing JDs) and allow a JD. My set up panel was one such set up panel but before I finished my first term, I had gone overage (I have an uncommon profession record before coming into law school). I offered the above so visitors could understand that it is difficult to evaluate information across the years and attract much from the evaluation unless one is aware of the "history" of each of the years.
Along with this attrition prices most of the students have to find out prices for cheap essay writing service for completing their academic writing assignments. Since most of the students are struggling with the essay writing assignments they have to approach any of the writing service for getting the perfect product for the successful completion of their law essays.
you.......think they wanted to draft overweight mouthbreathers for combat?
« on: August 18, 2014, 08:54:19 PM »
i don't wish to be the guinea pig for the lsac appeal
so looking for suggestions on how to appeal successfully
I am confused over what you are appealing and why? Do you feel your score should have been higher? What was it and what do you feel it should be (and why) ?
« on: August 18, 2014, 08:53:20 PM »
How would one learn those fields as an undergraduate? And would learning facts about the common law or general principles of criminal law or whatever really evaluate how apt one is at being a lawyer more than logical reasoning? Hmm
prelaw, as previously stated
Pages:  2 3 4 5 6 ... 24