This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.
Messages - stefan513
« on: July 22, 2009, 09:42:05 PM »
For those of you interested in USD, here is what a buddy of mine who called admissions today found out: a majority of notifications will be sent out next Wednesday. Also, the rumor that the top 20% from Cal Western and TJ are practically in, has a lot of merit when looking at last year's numbers. Hope this alleviates some stress for those in a similar situation.
« on: July 21, 2009, 09:55:59 PM »
Thanks. I might just call tomorrow and demand they tell me something useful, haha.
« on: July 21, 2009, 09:26:51 PM »
I have. One girl told me 2-4 weeks (which is cutting it real close with the start of my second year at my current school), and some other dude said that I could find out all the way up until the first day of classes (f that).
Someone there also told me that the first wave of notifications already went out. Any speculation upon what this might mean?
« on: July 21, 2009, 09:11:43 PM »
Applying to USD- application was complete a while ago and still have not heard. Anyone else find themselves in this situation?
I am top 19% at a T4, and supposedly the top 20% walk right in, but I don't think it's a good sign I haven't heard back yet. Any input?
« on: July 20, 2009, 07:51:38 PM »
My application for USD was complete by the end of June and I still have not heard anything back. I'm top 19% at my current school. Supposedly if you are in the top 20% you walk right in. What is your class rank?
« on: November 13, 2007, 04:24:26 PM »
Honest effort? Would you consider paying $1400 for a class and tutor while working two jobs and maintaining my 3.8 gpa an honest effort? And don't you think that my gpa reflects the determination and hardwork it takes to succeed in law school? Considering that I came to this country at 10, I think I'm in good shape. But thanks for your insightful comment.
« on: November 12, 2007, 03:07:19 PM »
What am I supposed to do with my index for each school if I don't have a range of acceptance/denials to compare it to?
« on: November 09, 2007, 07:26:15 PM »
At the age of 10 I came here from another country... minority in an ethnic sense, not race. Diversity appeal? I played that card in my personal statement, hopefully they will bite.
« on: November 09, 2007, 07:07:27 PM »
Well it seems my options are limited: I either retake the test and score 150 or above (which is unlikely) or I become a professor... or non-aba? Don't think I could, I'd be too bitter that I worked my ass off and couldn't get in anywhere I think I deserve to go. I guess I'll have to wait and see... strangely enough tho, Boston college admitted 2 people out of 50 with my numbers... I can dream can't I?
« on: November 09, 2007, 06:23:20 PM »
Please, please, please retake the LSAT. Even with your GPA, your chances of getting in anywhere right now are extremely low. Even if you can break 150, you'll be far better off. You have to be able to do better than a 144 with a 3.8 GPA and "rigorous classes."
Problem is I sent in all my apps yesterday. Realistically I would have to wait until the Feb test, so if I decided to retake, should I alert each school that another score will be coming? I'm really hoping to get in part time somewhere (since they don't have to report scores) and then prove myself and transfer. Good strategy?