This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.
Messages - swinemiller
« on: October 31, 2011, 12:26:54 AM »
Is it at all conceivable for a person to complete his or her first year at a Tier 4 school, after having done extremely well (but with a low LSAT score), and transfer to a Tier 1 school? What is the highest level to which a person in this position could hope to transfer?
My #1 choice apparently takes your highest score into consideration unless the tests are clustered together, then they take the average....but what does clustered together mean? Would that mean if I took the October and December? If I skip a testing date and do October and February, would that be considered clustered? I wish they would be more clear....most of the other schools I've looked at take the highest score. I am definitely taking it again.
I definitely did not have the chance to study as much as I could have. In fact, in the few days since I received my score, I've purchased a few more practice tests and books and figured out some things that I wish I would have known prior to taking it earlier this month. I'm 25 now, not too old, but not getting any younger. I took three years off after high school and, while I was able to get in some real work experience (meaning, at a "real job" in an office working for a company involved in the legal world) I already feel that I am behind, which is part of the reason I don't want to wait any longer. I'm tired of spinning my wheels already!!!
My degree is in Justice Administration. I know that some CJ undergrad programs aren't exactly difficult, but I can assure you that I WORKED for that 3.7. I've gone to school full time (sometimes up to 22 credit hrs a semester) while working full time, with the occasional part time job thrown in on top of all of that. Luckily, school has always been something I've thoroughly enjoyed...it helps too that doing well academically comes natural to me. That being said, I know that I am completely capable of doing better...
Which brings me to the present. I am in a bit of a different situation now than I was a month ago. Without going into too much detail, I will just say that I have far more time to study now that I did before... I've decided to take it again, but now I'm just questioning whether to take it in December or just wait until February. My school offers an intense accelerated Masters program in CJ that I have been looking into. If I decide to wait another year, I will most likely pursue that in the mean time as further education certainly will not hurt my cause. There's no question that I want to go into law so there's no danger of me straying into another occupation and being my any means satisfied with that...
On another note, I wish I would have discovered this site long before taking my first stab at the LSAT because there is a lot of good advice!
I was scoring around 150-155 on practice tests but, I know I could have studied more. I was working constantly the last two months before the test, which I know probably didn't help. I am in a bit of a different situation right now (still working, but without the stress of having to afford my house all alone) but I'm worried that it won't change much... I feel like I am definitely in a position where studying will be easier to fit in than it was before. I was thinking of retaking it in December, though a few people have told me to take it in Feb to give myself more time. However, I don't want to put myself in a position where I will have to wait a whole additional year to attend law school...I am just so torn.
Hi everyone! I received my score for my first attempt at the LSAT and I got a 146. My undergrad GPA is 3.7....I'm trying to decide if I should try and take the LSAT again and get a higher score, or if I should apply to a school that will accept me, do well and transfer to a better school...but I don't know how easy it is to do that or what schools will take transfers... I need advice PLEASE!!!! (and thank you!)