aac, I'm still waiting - not hopeful at all - but still waiting nonetheless.
This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.
Messages - bewitched
« on: June 07, 2006, 02:59:35 PM »
CanHelp does seem a little questionable... the disbursement fees are really high. For NYU, I'm using the Citi Bank loan program for a small amount of the fees (to establish some US credit history). Borrowing from parents seems to be the way to go
For what it's worth, I requested an expedited response (last week) and was waitlisted... So clearly it doesn't completely kill your chances of being put on the waitlist. (Although, as you point out, a WL pretty much = a ding, so it's not particularly meaningful).
I noticed on the website that if you're facing scholarship deadlines and have yet to receive a decision from Yale, you can email the admissions office with that information. I did this on tuesday and have yet to hear a thing... Has anyone else had a similar experience? If so, at what point is it appropriate to follow up with a phone call? Yale's a bit of a pipe dream anyway, but I just can't imagine deciding where to go without at least knowing my status there.