Law School Discussion

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - H.H.

Pages: [1] 2
Law School Admissions / LOCI! Please comment!
« on: March 10, 2010, 04:41:07 PM »
As I said in,4022963.0.html, I bombed the @#!* out of my LSAT, and was wondering if I should try to explain in an addendum, or just withdraw my applications this year.  Somehow, I still made it onto waitlist at UVA, which is my first choice. 
Here's my LOCI:

"Thank you for the great vote of confidence you have shown me by placing me on the waiting list. I freely admit that it is better than I expected when I received my LSAT score. I had been on the verge of withdrawing my application from the 2010 application cycle when I received your very encouraging e-mail.

In regards to this LSAT score, the only explanation I can offer is that due to Snowpocalpyse, my test was moved from a date that I had set aside for the test to a date a few days before a hectic and time-consuming relocation, when I had little free time in advance of the test.

I am currently in La Antigua, Guatemala, where I am setting up a cultural exchange program. Because of this, contacting me by e-mail is the best way to reach me. If needed, I can also be reached by phone at +502"


Law School Admissions / Re: Should I write an addendum?
« on: March 09, 2010, 10:49:42 AM »
In that case, would there be any benefit to just withdrawing my applications before the inevitable rejection?

Law School Admissions / Should I write an addendum?
« on: March 07, 2010, 12:45:10 PM »
I submitted my applications early last month for Fall '10.  I took the LSAT in Feb for the first time.  I did just about every available past LSAT under testing conditions as realistic as I could make them, and generally scored in the 172-174 range, with occasional outliers of 178, or, if I bombed a section, as low as 167.  My score for the February LSAT was 163.  I have no idea how this happened.
My LSAT was moved due to Snowpocalypse to a date I couple of days before I moved to Guatemala.  Apart from my LSAT score my applications are very, very strong.
Should I try to e-mail some kind of addendum to the schools, or just give up on this application cycle?

Studying for the LSAT / Where are the most recent past papers?
« on: February 22, 2010, 12:19:19 PM »
Anyone know where I find the more recent past LSATs, ie #39+?  I've found about half a dozen or so floating around on the LSAC and test prep sites, esp from 04 and 07, but I'd like to know if there's a place where they're all collected.

Studying for the LSAT / Re: December 2009 Curve
« on: February 14, 2010, 10:45:45 AM »
Just when I thought this thread couldn't get any funnier.  Thank you, Mitchell.

« on: February 14, 2010, 10:44:42 AM »
Not to complain about the extra study time, but it kind of sucks not knowing whether you're taking the exam this week or not.

Julie, I wish you a full and speedy recovery.  Good luck with your lake, or whatever.

« on: February 13, 2010, 08:19:19 AM »
According the the LSAC the make-up test will be either 2/20 or 2/27 and they'll let us know by Wednesday.

Studying for the LSAT / Snow-pocalypse
« on: February 05, 2010, 07:59:44 AM »
My LSAT was just canceled/postponed due to snow.  Anyone else?

Law School Admissions / Re: Advice on when to enter law school?
« on: December 29, 2009, 10:57:25 AM »
Go fly.  You'll have the rest of your life to be Clark Kent.

Pages: [1] 2