Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: UC Hastings Wait List  (Read 4157 times)

misschar

• View Profile
UC Hastings Wait List
« on: June 06, 2007, 08:58:43 PM »
Anyone out there with me?

I wasn't going to start a thread until I heard of some movement, but yesterday I got an e-mail asking if I would still consider a spot in the '07 class. Anyone else get the e-mail?

gldtiamat

• AOL Instant Messenger - gldtiamat
    • View Profile
Re: UC Hastings Wait List
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2007, 09:38:05 PM »
Haha.  You're one step closer than I am.  The only e-mail I got was the one requesting additional info that they sent out about a week ago.  Yanno, the one that they wanted you to title: WL, and say whether or not you still wanted to remain on the WL.
King Hall (Davis) '10

In: USD $$, Loyola $$, Santa Clara $
WL and Accepted: Davis, Hastings
Out: None

misschar

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2007, 09:47:07 PM »
Sounds like the same one- did you respond? Have you heard anything since?

I'm on the Davis wait list too, and I read on an old thread that last year they sent out similar e-mails to students one-by-one and then made offers within 1 or  2 days. I was hoping this was similar.

gldtiamat

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2007, 09:58:58 PM »
I just responded the way the e-mail asked asked me to, as well as emphasizing the fact that I would love to attend.  Haha...you sound identical to me!  Waitlisted at Hastings and Davis...sucks, doesn't it?  Do you have any safety schools that (like me) you look more likely and likely to attend?
King Hall (Davis) '10

misschar

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2007, 10:13:23 PM »
yeah- I'm holding a seat at UConn, but I would prefer Hastings or Davis. Waiting in limbo like this stinks- I feel like if we were accepted we are already missing out on a lot. But I would be happy getting in even in early August. I know it's still early to hear about wait list status, but I'm already growing pessimistic. I wish you luck with both- keep me posted if you hear anything  =)

peas

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2007, 10:17:11 PM »
I got this email yesterday as well.

gldtiamat

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2007, 12:41:35 AM »
Huh...that's kinda weird that we got the e-mail at different times.  I was thinking it'd be some general sorta thing.  Regardless, I'm just hoping that some seats open up, soon. 

Then again, they probably spaced out the e-mails so that the admissions staff didn't get a flood of e-mails all at once.  That probably would have been a nightmare to deal with.  Gah...I'm hoping that they'll have a general idea how many seats will be avail (considering that their second deposit was due on the 1st), so that hopefully they'll start calling people off their WL.  Whatever the case, good luck with the waitlist!
King Hall (Davis) '10

peas

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2007, 03:37:13 PM »

whoneedsanABA

• Sr. Citizen
  • praise the basketball gods!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2007, 07:18:01 PM »
tag.  on the waitlist as well...im holding a seat at fordham...but would like to remain in the bay area if possible.  my third choice is USD with $$$.

did you guys send in a LOCI and/or other recs?  fwiw, i sent in 1 loci and 4 lors (2 students, one politician, one work related).
it may come down to fordham v. hastings...

towny35

• View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2007, 08:04:00 PM »
I just got off the phone a couple hours ago with the Dean of Admissions at Hastings.  I was offered a seat off the waitlist, but I have to pay a $500 deposit by Friday.  I'm holding out for BYU, but would gladly attend Hastings.  The biggest holdup for me is finding a place for my family to live in the Bay Area.  I am married and will have a one month old baby when school starts.  We definitely don't want to live right in San Francisco because 1) too expensive, 2) too loud, and 3) too dangerous... we were both raised as country folk, so big city life is a little daunting to us :)  Anyone have any suggestions on good places to look in the Bay Area for people in my situation?