Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: February 2000 game 1.  (Read 1470 times)

dans

• View Profile
February 2000 game 1.
« on: May 28, 2007, 07:29:17 PM »
I was totally confused about this game cause I havent seen any like it. what type is it?  how did you set it up? and finally, what game type is game 4? thank you guys.

mr

• Sr. Citizen
  • "You're going to cure death? MUAHAHAHA...doubt it"
    • View Profile
Re: February 2000 game 1.
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2007, 11:11:58 PM »
Originally, I got this game wrong. It's now fixed; we hope.

JKLMNPQRS (8)
(X<---->Y)BR -------> (X<---+--->Y)RE

R <-----+-----> S

L Q                                                        L K
                                                      -----                                                      -----

K _                                                        Q _

(R/S) _                                                    (R/S) _

Boat Race                                        Rescue Excercise

The above is the set-up for this game. This game is basically just a grouping game with a relationship set up between the two groups. Lots of times when you have a grouping game there is not relationship between the two groups that is of any substance. Hwoever, some games do include relationships, though they apear less frequently (another example of this type to try out later is Preptest 23 Section 1 Game 2 - a game that has a very defined relationship between groups).

If you have any questions from here just post them. The secret to this game after the set up is to recognize and be wary of the first rule.

mr

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2007, 11:44:27 PM »
Game 4 is an advanced-linear game. Multiple variables for multiple slots. You can get pretty complicated when you get into the description of it's subcatagories. But this should be enough.

dans

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2007, 12:38:22 PM »
I think you got it wrong, k can and must go in the boat race and q can and must go to the rescue race because nobody is left out of any race. and l and q also dont simply go on the boat race but they are teammates. you should have it
l-q. I kinda made the same mistakes at first. if you could explain to me game 4 that would be wonderful though.

mr

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2007, 02:29:14 PM »
VWXQ (4)

3  ---   ---   ---   ---   ---

2  ---   ---   ---   ---   ---

1  ---   ---   ---   ---   ---
      F     G     H      J     K

These rules are hard to display on the message board, but let's just talk about them instead:

The first rule is simple enough and should be jotted down as a simple not law.

The second rule, that neither V nor W (and X due to the first rule) after X, could be represnted in a bunch of not laws, but you should just make it positive for the deduction that if X is in year 1 or 2, then it must be followed by Z. X, if it is followed by anything, must be followed by a Z

The third rule says that neither V nor X (nor Z) are assembled after Z. So if Z is year 1 or 2, then it must be followed by W. So, Z if it is followed by anything must be followed by a W.

The final rule restricts the amount of places you can put the Z.

rekopter

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2007, 08:44:30 PM »
On game 1 I split up R and S in both the Boat and Rescue groups. I think it's easier my way.

Game 4 is just... difficult. How the heck do I do it? And screw this damn Feb 2000 test. It sucked.

mr

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2007, 09:30:32 PM »
What do you mean you split them up?

They can't be on the same team.

All we know for sure is that one of the unfilled groups will have R or S. Of R or S that isn't in the group does not necessarily go into the 4th group. It could team up with group 2.

rekopter

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2007, 10:13:54 PM »
The group number doesn't matter. My setup looks like this:

B  L Q | R _ | S _ | _ _
R  K L | R _ | S _ | _ _

I like my master setup better because you don't have to remember the R/S rule. It's also easy to notate not rules under the columns for the 2nd and 3rd group.

mr

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2007, 10:18:05 PM »
But you've forgotten the deduction about K and Q which is key. You can't as effectively include it into your diagram.

rekopter

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2007, 12:10:15 AM »
But you've forgotten the deduction about K and Q which is key. You can't as effectively include it into your diagram.

What exactly is your deduction? That K has to be on a Boat team and Q a Rescue team?