Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: OMG! Off the Waitlist! (Post YOUR Decisions here)  (Read 60465 times)

yongsoo

• Sr. Citizen
  • Bah weep Grah nah weep ninny bon
    • View Profile
Re: OMG! Off the Waitlist! (Post YOUR Decisions here)
« Reply #250 on: June 18, 2007, 11:55:15 AM »
grats on WUSTL. I will, also, probably see you there in the fall  :D

stormandstress

• Sr. Citizen
  • ... im struggling
    • AOL Instant Messenger - paradigmidol
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: June 18, 2007, 12:14:55 PM »
grats on WUSTL. I will, also, probably see you there in the fall  :D

Wow, there's a party at WUSTL and I guess we're all invited.  ;D

Attending(?): WUSTL
Waitlist: UPenn
Withdrawn: GWU, Notre Dame

Sam P. Huntington

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: June 19, 2007, 10:52:18 PM »
Maryland called today and asked if I was still interested - the woman was very nice. I said I would need money to go, we'll see what happens.
Boston College Law School Class of 2010

PEnnisSweet

• View Profile
« Reply #253 on: June 20, 2007, 08:15:06 AM »
In at Penn off the WL.

Last King of Edinburgh

• Sr. Citizen
  • Born to rule
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: June 20, 2007, 08:16:16 AM »
In at Penn off the WL.

wow, congrats!
Washington University School of Law 2010

clemens

• View Profile
« Reply #255 on: June 20, 2007, 08:16:55 AM »
In at Penn off the WL.

congrats!

how were you notified?

PEnnisSweet

• View Profile
« Reply #256 on: June 20, 2007, 08:19:00 AM »
In at Penn off the WL.

congrats!

how were you notified?

they called my folks' place. I called back, was asked to give a verbal commit, and did

The Pookie

• Sr. Citizen
  • the penguin is back!
    • View Profile
    • For Inquiring Minds - LSN
« Reply #257 on: June 20, 2007, 11:25:58 AM »
congrats on Penn!

if you have any questions/want to talk to other 0Ls, go to the Univ of Pennsylvania 2010 thread in soon-to-be-1Ls. We're collegial!

button

• View Profile
« Reply #258 on: June 20, 2007, 11:31:06 AM »
Congrats to everyone with their waitlist success!!
 I posted this on another thread, but I am thinking since you guys have had some waitlist luck, you may have some sugggestion.

Hi everyone,
 I am currently waitlisted at a school that I would love to attend. Since being waitlisted I immediatly replied with a LOCI, visited the school (end of April), and met with the Assistant Dean. After returning from the visit sent an e-mail thanking him for the meeting, and expressed how my visit reinforced how well a fit the school was for me and why. I graduated the second week in May,and sent an updated resume, and my final grades and awards, along with a letter describing how interested I was in paticular programs, and that I have had multiple conversation with one of their professors, during the research part of my thesis.
 On June first everyone that was waitlisted received an e-mail, that stated as of right now they are over enrolled based on deposits received, but will continue with a summer waitlist. I immediately sent an e-mail to both the Assisitant Dean and Dean of Admissions letting them know I would continue to stay on the summer waitlist.I received a response from the Dean confirming that she received the e-mail, and that it would be noted in my file. The school only had one seat deposit, due May 1st. So I am guessing it is going to take awhile to see who drops off to attend another school.
 I have had no contact since the first week in June. I really have nothing to update them with, but want to let them know I am still waiting and very interested, and what the waitlist status might be at this point. I guess the question is, what  would be appropriate at this point?

Jolie Was Here

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3L. Meh.
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #259 on: June 20, 2007, 11:42:14 AM »
Congrats to everyone with their waitlist success!!
 I posted this on another thread, but I am thinking since you guys have had some waitlist luck, you may have some sugggestion.
I have had no contact since the first week in June. I really have nothing to update them with, but want to let them know I am still waiting and very interested, and what the waitlist status might be at this point. I guess the question is, what  would be appropriate at this point?

Have you considered requesting admission for next fall (fall '08)?  I don't know that all schools are open to that possibility, but it sounds to me as though a) you're really enthusiastic about/committed to this particular school, b) the chances that they'll go to the waitlist at all are rather slim.  I don't mean to pee in your cornflakes, but it doesn't sound as though there's a whole lot more you can do (other than hang tight) for this cycle.  One year passes very quickly and it may be worth waiting to go to the school you really want.  In that case, you could contact Admissions with your request and explain that you'd really rather go this fall, but you're so dedicated to their school that you'd be willing to sit out a year.  May be worth a thought, anyway. 
I was referring to your intellectual penis. Which is quite robust.

Jolie is creeping up on me.