Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: xoxohth - WOW!  (Read 11873 times)

wiiiiiii

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: xoxohth - WOW!
« Reply #70 on: January 10, 2007, 04:05:59 PM »
I don't think it's inconsistent to say that you'll use LSN because it provides a legitimate, good and helpful service, and yet dislike XOXO for being racist/sexist/idiotic/meanspirited/elitist/whateverelseyouwanttoput.

The one is useful to me as an individual, so I use it. The other bothers me, so I don't use it. I don't need to boycott everything that ever leads to something bad happening.

That's fine.  But don't come onto LSD and start bashing the same people that provide you with LSN

Why not? Sure, LSN is great, but I don't need to bow down and shut my mouth about something else just because they provide it for me.

PS. Why can't XOXO use a more user-friendly interface? I feel like I'm a 1996 message board whenever i go there.

XOXO interface >>>>>>>>>>>>> LSD interface

iscoredawaitlist

• Sr. Citizen
  • The beagle puppy of anticipation
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 10, 2007, 04:06:51 PM »
I don't think it's inconsistent to say that you'll use LSN because it provides a legitimate, good and helpful service, and yet dislike XOXO for being racist/sexist/idiotic/meanspirited/elitist/whateverelseyouwanttoput.

The one is useful to me as an individual, so I use it. The other bothers me, so I don't use it. I don't need to boycott everything that ever leads to something bad happening.

That's fine.  But don't come onto LSD and start bashing the same people that provide you with LSN

Why not? Sure, LSN is great, but I don't need to bow down and shut my mouth about something else just because they provide it for me.

PS. Why can't XOXO use a more user-friendly interface? I feel like I'm a 1996 message board whenever i go there.

If you're still pining for DOS.

Johnny Stuffs His Mouth

• LSD Obsessed
  • 1/2 of the Golden Couple
    • View Profile
    • http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=johnkorean
    • Email
« Reply #72 on: January 10, 2007, 04:08:08 PM »
I don't get it... between XOXO interface and LSD interface is the thing on MarioKart which gives you a speed boost?
I'll join the cool crowd: 3.23/173
Blinded by the light (Attending): UVA!!! Wahoo 2010!!!
Wrapped up like a feminine hygiene product (Accepted): UVA!! Fordham, Georgetown!!! NYU!!!!!!!!!
Another odor in the night (Rejected): Harvard
Let's go LSAT score! http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=johnkorean

wiiiiiii

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 10, 2007, 04:08:08 PM »

If you're still pining for DOS.

There are better things than avatars.  For instance, you can see the whole thread without having to wait for the page to load after every ten posts.

Thistle

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 10, 2007, 04:11:04 PM »
and to think i didn't believe them when they said "law school is a lot like high school"   :P
non ex transverso sed deorsum

JD

BYOB

« Reply #75 on: January 10, 2007, 04:16:20 PM »
Does this remind anyone of the whole TLS calling LSD mean thing?

OMG! They take it one MORE step! They shouldn't be allowed to say that! Censor anything that might be offensive!

Who said anything about censoring?? If they want to be the idiots they are, let them do whatever they want. I'm just voicing my discontent with their stupid and offensive rhetoric.

And I don't give a damn if the ARE role playing! Their "jokes", even if they don't mean them, show their true colors. I don't make fun of minorities by catering to unfounded and offensive stereotypes. Does that mean there's a difference between my perception of minorities and theirs? You betcha!

And finally, I don't care if LSN is owned by xoxo. It could be owned by Osama for all I care. There's nothing remotely ironic about that. I use LSN because it is a useful tool for me and my fellow LS applicants, not because of who might or might not own it.

You might have to reconsider your priorities.  According to rumors on other forums, it appears XO may be purchasing LSD before the end of this cycle.  They have apparently been buying up a lot of the admissions sites.

sk

• Sr. Citizen
  • Not as scary as it looks!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #76 on: January 10, 2007, 04:19:12 PM »
Does this remind anyone of the whole TLS calling LSD mean thing?

OMG! They take it one MORE step! They shouldn't be allowed to say that! Censor anything that might be offensive!

Who said anything about censoring?? If they want to be the idiots they are, let them do whatever they want. I'm just voicing my discontent with their stupid and offensive rhetoric.

And I don't give a damn if the ARE role playing! Their "jokes", even if they don't mean them, show their true colors. I don't make fun of minorities by catering to unfounded and offensive stereotypes. Does that mean there's a difference between my perception of minorities and theirs? You betcha!

And finally, I don't care if LSN is owned by xoxo. It could be owned by Osama for all I care. There's nothing remotely ironic about that. I use LSN because it is a useful tool for me and my fellow LS applicants, not because of who might or might not own it.

You might have to reconsider your priorities.  According to rumors on other forums, it appears XO may be purchasing LSD before the end of this cycle.  They have apparently been buying up a lot of the admissions sites.

If LSD keeps being the same LSD I know and love, I'll use it no matter who ownes it. But, if it turns into another xoxo, I'll be the first to delete my account!
"buffoons don't clerk for federal judges!"

--LSN--

fwerp

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 10, 2007, 04:21:09 PM »
I am a long time lurker, first time poster.  I have heard this too, but I cannot wrap my mind around it.  I used to lurk XOXO, and I agree with the negative sentiments expressed here.  The thought of a take over is quite disturbing.  I cannot even countenance reading TLS !!!!!!!!  UGH

SOMEONE SAY IT AIN'T SO!

fwerp

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 10, 2007, 04:23:49 PM »
http://lsd.xoxohth.com/ is already reserved.....That's really disturbing.

Groundhog

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 10, 2007, 04:27:41 PM »
http://lsd.xoxohth.com/ is already reserved.....That's really disturbing.

You can type in anything like http://blahblah.xoxohth.com/ and it will load.