Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: 2nd time around, less intense studying  (Read 1285 times)

Rachelb1

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
2nd time around, less intense studying
« on: August 30, 2004, 10:07:35 AM »
I'm retaking the Powerscore full-length course in prep for the Oct LSAT.
The last class, I studied 6 or 7 hours a day, and realized I had overdone it to the point of being counter productive. 

Now I seem to have gone more to the other extreme were I am only doing about two hours total a day and not every day.  (I've been quite sick, but don't let anything deter me), even if it slows me down some.

Yet, I'm still testing in the 160 range where is where I was at the end of my last PS course.  I seem not to have lost anything and seem to be retaining what I learned rather well.

I'm not looking for Harvard or Yale so I'd really rather not stress out thinking I must get a 175.  I tried to do an intense study schedule like last time, but I just cant seem to get into it.  Standarized tests have never been a problem for me as far as endurance is concerned. 

Basically, my schedule is this, Mon, Wed, and Fri, I'll be taking prep tests.
Tuesdays and Thursdays which is when my course meets, I work on my homework for that nights class.  (Luckily, I dont work.  I dont know how folks who work full time do it, my hat's off to you guys)  I have all three 2003 released tests which I have never done, plus the super prep with the 3 previously unreleased LSATs, I'll save those for the two weeks before the test.

Any thoughts on my study schedule?

Rachel
qccepted Rutgers-EWR, Touro ($$)
pending, SUNY Buffalo, Hamline, CUNY
W/l      nowhere
denied   Cardozo

dsong02

• Sr. Citizen
  • small. yellow. different.
    • View Profile
Re: 2nd time around, less intense studying
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2004, 10:07:58 AM »