Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Um, Remember All That Mess About Me Going To UMich...  (Read 36914 times)

challandler

Um, Remember All That Mess About Me Going To UMich...
« on: March 28, 2006, 11:21:25 AM »
Still going.  ;D

I dropped off my deposit check this weekend, and I already got my official umich e-mail addy.  I feel so special.

Post here if you've mailed the check.  I'd like to get a roll-call going.

Michigan Commits

Summer Start
daktah
xindogu
darthvadersshoe
Jigglyflan
stacy

Fall Start
Vapid Unicorn
thenextstep
smiley
Luxor
gvn2fly
SCOTUS
MI6 Agent
Sweeny
ScoopNY
soonertbone
katedennis
amanaplanacanal
meels
Cal Dave
as436
Chaz Rein
goodnews
Jolie

MAP
Vapid Unicorn
smiley
gvn2fly
ScoopNY

thenextstep

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
Re: Um, Remember All That Mess About Me Going To UMich...
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2006, 11:34:02 AM »
I'm coming for fall start!  Bought me a condo last weekend (or well committed to buying it).

thenextstep

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2006, 11:46:47 AM »
It's north of north campus - around Barton Dr and Traver Rd.  The construction isn't finished yet so the road it is actually on doesn't exist yet.  Family housing is really a good deal and pretty nice (I visited friends living there a few weeks ago) - but they don't allow pets so it wasn't an option for us.  Sad but true.

smiley

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2006, 12:35:51 PM »
I haven't mailed the check, but only because I am so poor and need to wait til my April paycheck! I'm a mess...

Yes! I will be at UMich in the fall!

as436

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2006, 01:10:40 PM »
anyone living in the Lawyer's Club? I am pretty sure I am going even though I have not visited ANY of my schools... barring an acceptance for a new york school or H/S..
ann arbor or palo alto next year.. cu in school biatches

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=as436

http://cornell.facebook.com/profile.php?id=403139 - send me a message if you are going to UMich next year

smiley

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2006, 03:29:09 PM »
Probably not going for the Lawyer's Club. As convenient as it is, I'll be 30 when I start in the fall and am kind of looking forward to getting a place of my own. As it is now, I have a roommate and try not to freak out every time she goes into the bathroom as I'm getting ready to go to work.

I've been looking on the housing website and trying to figure out where certain off-campus places are located. I also emailed the guy who talked about off-campus options at the first admit weekend. He mentioned certain areas having more law students and less saturated with undergrads, so I wanted to see where those streets/neighborhoods were and compare with the website.

smiley

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2006, 04:05:12 PM »
I apologize for the double-post, but if you're considering the Lawyer's Club, the lady during admit weekend made it seem like you should get your application for it in ASAP. If you think you might go and would want to live there, there's no harm in putting in the application and getting a contract from her. She was very clear that nothing is binding until you sign that contract, so if you're waiting on other schools, at least you will know that you have something at Lawyer's Club if you do go to Michigan.

She also said that many 1Ls end up with the "suite" type room where you have your own room but share a study room with another student. She said to feel free to let her know any preferences you have, like age or what your study habits/personality might be to help her out in making the matches.

as436

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2006, 06:40:01 PM »
thanks for the info.. yea i already signed up a while ago... did u see dorms, how do they look?
ann arbor or palo alto next year.. cu in school biatches

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=as436

http://cornell.facebook.com/profile.php?id=403139 - send me a message if you are going to UMich next year

Luxor

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2006, 09:28:07 PM »
tag

It's now looking like 70% towards Michigan -- my brother had a very disturbing (but, as always, accurate *sigh*) point about the nature of scholarships.

80%--->70%?   ???

Lily, I'll be genuinely disappointed if you don't end up matriculating...  I know that we barely met, but the encounter was long enough for me to know how much the class of '09 will be missing out if you decide not to join us

Luxor

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2006, 09:36:51 PM »
I'm pleased to add myself to the list as a fall starter--hopefully we can continue to correspond via LSD and become a support network for each other.

I freaked out when I saw the name of the thread matched with Vapid as its author.  Vapid's familiarity with Greg Oden, Mike Conley, and the future of Ohio State basketball endeared him to me immediately, and as such I've been hoping very much to have him as a classmate. 

as436, I plan on living in the Lawyer's Club, despite not being all that happy about the communal bath set-up.  The room that I toured was surprisingly large, and the quality of the furnishings appeared to be at least adequate.  Choosing to live in the Lawyer's Club was ultimately a no-brainer for me, given my young age and concerns that I'd have a difficult time making friends if I lived off-campus.  I'm actually pretty excited about the prospect of living there now, after having actually seen it