Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Boalt 3/22 email...anybody get a decision?  (Read 8946 times)

David

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Boalt 3/22 email...anybody get a decision?
« Reply #100 on: March 28, 2006, 05:08:22 PM »
Impressive showing for Boalt in the new rankings. #8, tied with Mich and UVA ;D
HLS '09

Deus Ex Machina

• Sr. Citizen
  • Magnus frater spectat te
    • View Profile
    • Take the Roger Water's Cynicism test!
« Reply #101 on: March 28, 2006, 08:49:01 PM »
If it is real.
Let's just say that if complete and utter chaos were lightning, then he'd be the sort to stand on a hilltop in a thunderstorm wearing wet copper armor and shouting 'All gods are bastards.'-T.Pratchett

Luxor

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 28, 2006, 08:53:55 PM »
I'm ignoring Boalt now, just like they're ignoring me  :)

Me too, though I've actually known for three days now that there's no chance I'll attend the school.  I'll withdraw either tonight or tomorrow--best of luck to everyone still in the game

ibroadrunr

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #103 on: March 30, 2006, 07:34:05 PM »
Well, I called and asked whether any admission offers were still being made, and the (quite nice) woman on the phone said something like, "A lot of decisions have just been made and are being mailed out through tomorrow" (well, gee, "mailed," that's a great sign) and then offered to check my status.

Rejected.
Work, and a PT online MLIS.  Reapply down the line.

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=ibroadrunr

coquita

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 30, 2006, 11:33:54 PM »
dinged.

Deus Ex Machina

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Let's just say that if complete and utter chaos were lightning, then he'd be the sort to stand on a hilltop in a thunderstorm wearing wet copper armor and shouting 'All gods are bastards.'-T.Pratchett

lulu1234

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: March 31, 2006, 05:30:48 PM »
anyone get waitlisted, like me? i was really happy to get that instead of a ding (esp w/ my 162, 3.92), but the letter says i wont get my quartile until middle of may. it also says many ppl get in off of the waitlist in late spring or over the summer, and sometimes as late as the first week of august.  :-\

Deus Ex Machina

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 02, 2006, 10:30:31 AM »
anyone get waitlisted, like me? i was really happy to get that instead of a ding (esp w/ my 162, 3.92), but the letter says i wont get my quartile until middle of may. it also says many ppl get in off of the waitlist in late spring or over the summer, and sometimes as late as the first week of august.  :-\

Hope still floating  :) .....No word one way or another yet...

Emolee

• Sr. Citizen
  • I believe there is a distance I have wandered
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 03, 2006, 04:35:02 PM »
still heard nothing from boalt.  anyone else think this is odd?  at this point I am expecting a rejection/waitlist, but if all of the decisions have been made, i should have seen the letter by now.  anyone else heard nothing?  any hope still out there?
wrestling over tiny matters: UCLA vs. Columbia

LSAT 173!  Thank you, God!

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=emolee

norcaldude

« Reply #109 on: April 03, 2006, 04:45:22 PM »
still heard nothing from boalt.  anyone else think this is odd?  at this point I am expecting a rejection/waitlist, but if all of the decisions have been made, i should have seen the letter by now.  anyone else heard nothing?  any hope still out there?

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/search_schools.php?action=search&cycle=2&school_code=4833&status=0&sort=decision&order=d&application_type=0&program=1

As you can see, the only things sent out now are rejections and waitlists.  Boalt's final acceptance offers look to be made the third week of March, before spring break.