Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: SEO Corporate Law Program  (Read 6546 times)

na56

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
SEO Corporate Law Program
« on: February 03, 2006, 09:35:24 AM »
Did anyone interview with seo yet and get a decision?

team mvp

• Sr. Citizen
  • Columbia '09
    • View Profile
Re: SEO Corporate Law Program
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2006, 11:32:48 AM »
Did anyone interview with seo yet and get a decision?

I interviewed and got a "decision", but it was kind of messed up bc they said they need to wait until I get my acceptance, but I already gave them my a copy of my acceptance letter and told them I was going to CLS at the interview!!  We'll see what the verdict is soon.

Jigga00516

• AOL Instant Messenger - jigga00516
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2006, 11:35:42 AM »
I interviewed in DC, then had another phone interview just yesterday. However, no final decision, they told me the same thing they have to wait until I actually send a deposit to the school I am going to although I also said I am most likely going to NYU.

Grapestomper

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2006, 11:57:40 AM »
I interviewed.  Haven't heard anything back yet. 

akattorney

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • My numbers!!
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2006, 02:49:13 PM »
I interviewed in Houston and got a decision like everyone else; but they said the must know which law school you are going to first before they give you a decision---meaning that in addition to acceptance letters, they must see an "intent to enroll" form or any form required by you law school that says you will enroll there.

BTW--has anyone talked to anyone who did the program?  What did they say about it?

na56

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2006, 02:54:52 PM »
That's really weird that they told you guys have to wait until you send your deposit before they give you a decision...I called them yesterday and they told me they send out decisions on Febuary 24th. I am in New York, and I specifically told them that I had applied for the forporate Law Program.

Alsom how did your interviews go? I dont think mine went so well...I didnt do well on the part where they gave you a recent article about the law and asked what I would research

team mvp

• Sr. Citizen
  • Columbia '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2006, 03:01:38 PM »
That's really weird that they told you guys have to wait until you send your deposit before they give you a decision...I called them yesterday and they told me they send out decisions on Febuary 24th. I am in New York, and I specifically told them that I had applied for the forporate Law Program.

Alsom how did your interviews go? I dont think mine went so well...I didnt do well on the part where they gave you a recent article about the law and asked what I would research

I actually think it went pretty well, but I don't want to get ahead of myself before I find out my decision.  The reason I think it went well though is I had heard from fellow students who applied that SEO interviews are extremely tough, so I went it mentally and emotionally prepared for the worst and it ended up not being nearly as bad as I imagined it would be.

Also, did you guys also get the article about marijuana and Rhode Island or something different?

na56

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2006, 03:08:02 PM »
Oh that;s weird...I just pm'ed you.

No I got an article on congress passing a tort reform bill or something like that...they asked me what I would exactly rsearch or how I would go about it....I really F'ed that question up.....I think I shoudl have said that I would have rserached prcedent or something like that

team mvp

• Sr. Citizen
  • Columbia '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2006, 03:15:40 PM »
Oh that;s weird...I just pm'ed you.

No I got an article on congress passing a tort reform bill or something like that...they asked me what I would exactly rsearch or how I would go about it....I really F'ed that question up.....I think I shoudl have said that I would have rserached prcedent or something like that

That sounds pretty tough.  My article was about R.I. just passing some law that allows it residents to have a small amount of marijuana for medicinal purposes and it talked about how federal law still bans it and these people could be prosecuted.  Also, it mentioned they have to go out to the illegal street market to buy these drugs.  They asked for my thoughts on this.  I in the end said that pot should be allowed to be used for medicinal purposes so I hope I didn't come out sounding like a liberal quack.

na56

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2006, 03:21:06 PM »
Yeah...it seemed as though Louis was going tough on me for some reason....the other two SEo alums were real nice and when the asked questions I gave quick, sharp responses...

Hey ptp...do u have an LSN account up or anything....

Also, when you said they gave a decision of still pending when you called, do you know who you talked to?