Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Poll

Why are the Newbies scared to speak up?

They prefer to Lurk.
 16 (34.8%)
They're not, they're just on another website.
 4 (8.7%)
The Board is too cliquish.
 10 (21.7%)
There's nothing interesting to talk about.
 2 (4.3%)
There's nobody interesting to talk to.
 2 (4.3%)
Not enough Board moderation.
 4 (8.7%)
Newbies?  What Newbies?
 8 (17.4%)

Total Members Voted: 46

Author Topic: Black Law Student Discussion Board  (Read 1704708 times)

HBCU.EDU

Re: Black Law Student Discussion Board
« Reply #9370 on: February 03, 2005, 02:45:27 PM »
WTF??
"I dont know why they gave ya'll Nikkas money"
Dave Chapeel as Rick James
 Dante Culpepper takes back necklace from paralyzed player
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/football/nfl/specials/playoffs/2004/02/02/bc.fbn.superbowl.culpep.ap/index.html

f-ing Indian giver.  >:(

Victor

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9371 on: February 03, 2005, 03:00:24 PM »

I had fettuccini chicken and broccoli

I had barbeque chicken with spanish rice and beans.

blk_reign

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #9372 on: February 03, 2005, 03:04:58 PM »
good afternoon everyone..
We're not accepting this CHANGE UP in the rules. Period. American presidents have been in the bed with organized crime, corporate pilferers, and the like for years. And all u want to put on this man is that his pastor said "Gotdamn America?" Hell, America.U got off pretty damn well, if you ask me...

Victor

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9373 on: February 03, 2005, 03:17:01 PM »

Hi Blk . . . we were just discussing what we had for lunch.

rohan

« Reply #9374 on: February 03, 2005, 03:17:49 PM »

F*ck that, I'm taking a week off of this Board, because of that new pic blk Reign.  I got to do it for my sanity.  I can't stand this anymore.  First the Miss February piano pic and now this sh*t?  See you cats next week!
Peace
BP

blk_reign

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #9375 on: February 03, 2005, 03:32:45 PM »

Jackson questionnaire digs deep
By TIM MOLLOY - Associated Press

SANTA MARIA, Calif. (AP) — Potential jurors in the Michael Jackson trial are being asked if they’ve ever had cancer, about their opinion on people of different races and even about whether they followed the 1993 molestation allegations against the pop star.

Those questions were among dozens in a pared-down questionnaire released Wednesday. It is designed to weed out jurors who might have strong feelings that would keep them from ruling fairly in the case.

Jurors filled out the full questionnaire during pretrial screening Monday and Tuesday. Jackson is accused of molesting a 13-year-old former cancer patient.

A note to jurors said the questionnaire was designed to save them the embarrassment of talking about some of the issues in open court. Attorneys on Monday are scheduled to begin questioning some of the roughly 250 people who expressed willingness to serve.

Some of the other questions included whether they have ever experienced or been accused of inappropriate sexual behavior, if they have ever advocated for abused children, and how closely they have followed the case.

Besides asking jurors about any religious beliefs or medical problems that could keep them from serving, the questionnaire grazed several specific issues likely to come into play during the trial, including whether jurors or their families had ever made “any type of claim for money damages.”

Defense attorneys are expected to portray the accuser’s family as after Jackson’s money, citing the family’s past settlement from J.C. Penney after claiming security guards beat them.

Jurors were asked about their knowledge of the 1993 allegations because prosecutors want to raise it in an attempt to prove a pattern of abuse. Jackson reached a multimillion-dollar settlement with his accuser in the case and was never criminally charged.

While the questionnaire touched on several issues, it did not go into the kind of detail that would help attorneys eliminate jurors they saw as sympathetic to the other side, said Laurie Levenson, a Loyola Law School professor.

“This is the most bare-bones questionnaire I’ve ever seen,” said Levenson. “It’s very superficial. The judge obviously did not want a sociology study, but this will make it more difficult for the defense to find the kind of jurors they want.
We're not accepting this CHANGE UP in the rules. Period. American presidents have been in the bed with organized crime, corporate pilferers, and the like for years. And all u want to put on this man is that his pastor said "Gotdamn America?" Hell, America.U got off pretty damn well, if you ask me...

Regal_Muse

« Reply #9376 on: February 03, 2005, 04:02:09 PM »
HMMMMMMMMMMM

mivida2k

• Sr. Citizen
  • Do I Really Need to Answer This Question
    • View Profile
« Reply #9377 on: February 03, 2005, 05:11:12 PM »
RM,

If that Avatar is not removed by 18:00 hours a slue of gay Avatars will be posted.  I remember you complaining........
The president's approval rating has dropped to 33 percent, matching his low in May. His handling of nearly every issue, from the Iraq war to foreign policy, contributed to the president's decline around the nation, even in the Republican-friendly South.

mivida2k

• Sr. Citizen
  • Do I Really Need to Answer This Question
    • View Profile
« Reply #9378 on: February 03, 2005, 05:12:52 PM »
The Black History Month Thread needs support.

HBCU you should be kickin knowledge to us all.
The president's approval rating has dropped to 33 percent, matching his low in May. His handling of nearly every issue, from the Iraq war to foreign policy, contributed to the president's decline around the nation, even in the Republican-friendly South.

CaliToD.C.

« Reply #9379 on: February 03, 2005, 05:43:37 PM »
The Black History Month Thread needs support.

HBCU you should be kickin knowledge to us all.

HBCU's ole Eldridge Cleaver ass aint got no knowledge about nothin!