Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: when to study for LSAT  (Read 705 times)

newkirk101

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
when to study for LSAT
« on: August 28, 2005, 03:24:05 AM »
Im a junior and would like to take June 06 LSAT?  any recommendations on when to start studying?  Also, what are the best books to buy to study from?  Previous experiences.... 

for-sure

• View Profile
Re: when to study for LSAT
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2005, 11:56:59 PM »
Im a junior and would like to take June 06 LSAT?  any recommendations on when to start studying?  Also, what are the best books to buy to study from?  Previous experiences.... 
I would just say to READ, READ and READ as many books as you can right now.  Prep. a month before should be enough.
Oct. 2005 LSAT: 149 :(

Eptisam

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2005, 01:10:49 PM »
A thousand dollar can buy a lot of desserts, but a lot of desserts can't buy a better LSAT grade. I did not take a class and I am starting to regret it. Obviously, your teacher could suck, the class could be boring, etc., but you should not discount the potential of help a class could bring you.

I did only self-study and you can see the results below. I can only imagine what would have happened if I had done the same amount of self-studying and taken a class.

The Poster

• LSD Obsessed
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dontreallyknowmuch
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2005, 04:13:14 PM »
Start studying ASAP, June comes around quickly. Take the free practice LSAT from lsac's website (timed) to see where you are starting off at. The powerscore bibles (both of them) should be your bread and butter. If you start early enough you can really get a lot out of them. I wish I had spent longer with the logical reasoning bible and paced myself with it, but I blasted through the whole thing in under a month and it was overload. a decent full length prep course might be worth the money if you have the time and dont have the motivation to study as much on your own. dont waste your time with the weekend courses though, and DONT do the majority of your studying near the month leading up to the test, that is a sure way to fail. If you are going to burnout from too much LSAT studying, get that out of the way first. Give yourself enough time to relax before taking the actual test.

Hey heres an idea, study for it all now, get intense about it even, but have it in your mind that you will be taking the test in Feb. Get yourself all psyched up for it, and on the actual Feb. testing date, take a timed preptest, complete with variable section (just throw an extra section in from another test) and even do the writing sample. Heck, even go to a strange location to take the test, like a library or someplace you haven't been to before. Do all of that, to get your stress out of the way, then do very minimal studying between Feb. and June, so by June you will be good to go.
quote Stanley J. Watson III
you are doomed in the fated sense, but that's completely irrelevant because that's only from the viewpoint of someone who is not constrained by time. since you are temporal, for all intents and purposes you have the power to change your future