Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: LSATinatorís guide to faxing letters of recommendation  (Read 459 times)

LSATinator

• View Profile
    • LSAT Board
LSATinatorís guide to faxing letters of recommendation
« on: June 19, 2008, 04:43:34 PM »
Posted this on LSAT Board and figured I would post it here too! Enjoy!

LSATinatorís guide to faxing letters of recommendation
http://www.lsatboard.com/showthread.php?p=608

LSDAS Letter of Recommendation Service
For those of you who have not started submitting letters of recommendation, the LSAC LOR service is highly convenient in submitting letters of recommendation because your recommender need only to submit ONE letter of recommendation directly to LSAC, who will then send this letter to EVERY school you apply to.

HoweverÖ
The method of submission that LSAC recommends is extremely inefficient and takes forever. They recommend that when you ask your recommender for the letter, you give him/her your Letter of Recommendation Form that you print out from LSDAS in addition to an envelope addressed to LSAC with postage pre-paid. Thatís right, they want you to use snail mail to deliver your highly important letter of recommendation.

Not only does using snail mail take forever in getting the letter to LSAC, but LSAC will take forever in sorting the mail and processing your letter. In addition, it could easily get lost in the hands of the United States Postal Service, and you could wait weeks and even months for your letter to be processed, even though it never will! Imagine going back to your recommender and asking him/her for another letter because your original one got lost. Your recommender, if you can even get in touch with him/her, will not be happy. Worse yet, imagine planning on submitting your law school applications only to discover that your letter of recommendation was never received.

Solution: Fax it!
Thatís right, the best solution that hardly anyone knows about. Just have your recommender fax the letter in.

The LSAC fax number is 215-504-1444

Be sure to ask your recommender to include the Letter of Recommendation Form (which contains your signature waiving your right to see the letter highly important) along with the actual letter of recommendation.

Let me know if you have any questions.
LSAT Board is my main forum, but I have recently been jumping around to different boards to share my knowledge with all of you prospective law school students.

I hope I can be of some assistance to you all!