Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: lawyers dont think law school is a good idea...  (Read 8108 times)

Highway

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: lawyers dont think law school is a good idea...
« Reply #100 on: April 24, 2006, 03:08:01 PM »
I never said sh#t about making more money making anyone better than anyone highway so you  might want to read my post.

I simply said one can get a high paying job with just a bachelors degree.  Also, how do you know you make more money than I do anyway?  You very well might make more than me, but add in my perks (i.e. free law school) and I would say I'm doing damn well.

Sorry...I made a leap of logic there. Based on your posts on this thread and others (mainly in the students and graduates area), you seem to equate earning potential out of law school (based on the school) with somehow making you better than others.

Also, based on all your posts regarding how much you expect to make after law school at your current job, I can easily deduce that I make more money than you do now. Oooh...and company paid law school...my company did that for me, too. You'll actually find that a lot of your part time colleagues will have LS paid by their company. It's not really uncommon.

Look, I don't want to really start into this - I've got better things to do with my time - but I gotta say that you aren't making too many friends in these forums. And don't go off saying how you aren't here to make friends because you already have friends, etc. I mean it in the sense that you are coming across as a snob. The fact is that, yes, you will probably do better, in the end, than a large number of law students in the nation, but there are also a large number of law students in the nation that will do better than you. There's nothing wrong with being humble and respectful. You say you do well at your job, and you got into a good school. That's great. We're very similar in that respect - but so are thousands of others. You don't need to come across like you are some sort of gift to the legal world, and people who don't have as much should just give up and leave the law to the "smart" people. Just be thankful that you have a good job and got into a good school.

Good luck with school. It's a kick in ass.

Erapitt

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 24, 2006, 03:10:42 PM »
Thank you for your wisdom.  Moving along............
Attending GW in Fall '06

JupiterSun Uhuru

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #102 on: April 25, 2006, 03:39:47 PM »
C  O  M   E  D  Y!!!!!
 :D ;D :D
"You may check your ego at the door!"

Aerst2

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 25, 2006, 09:33:08 PM »
Jeesh. This board needs some moderators. This thread should have been locked.
165 / 3.94

Dunson II

« Reply #104 on: April 26, 2006, 12:35:10 AM »
Jeesh. This board needs some moderators. This thread should have been locked.

Why?  We have moderators.  They do a good job. 

filet o' fish

• Sr. Citizen
  • yum.
    • View Profile
Cady
« Reply #105 on: August 01, 2007, 01:26:23 AM »
Cady
"Would you listen to me? Filet O' Fish."
"Filet a' Fish."

"No."

"I don't quite understand."

button127

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 01, 2007, 05:57:41 PM »
Is anyone going to law school like I am just because you watched the movie Legally Blonde?

The Poster

• LSD Obsessed
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dontreallyknowmuch
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 01, 2007, 06:02:26 PM »
Is anyone going to law school like I am just because you watched the movie Legally Blonde?

sometimes I wonder about people like that.
quote Stanley J. Watson III
you are doomed in the fated sense, but that's completely irrelevant because that's only from the viewpoint of someone who is not constrained by time. since you are temporal, for all intents and purposes you have the power to change your future