Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: WAS JESUS GAY?  (Read 3607 times)

M2

Re: WAS JESUS GAY?
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2004, 02:14:41 AM »
Jesus' sexual preference means/meant nothing.

if you think it means anything, then you are missing the bigger picture.

jgruber

« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2004, 11:27:29 AM »
The motherfucking Jesus could not have been gay. Or straight. Or Or ..

so then he wasn't motherfucking Jesus, just Jesus.

Burning Sands, Esq.

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • Yes We Kan-sas!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2004, 12:36:17 PM »
So you just want to go straight to hell, huh?  Don't pass Go or nothing.

Seeing as how Jesus never had sex....I find this entire thread irrelevant on top of being blasphemous.
"A lawyer's either a social engineer or a parasite on society. A social engineer is a highly skilled...lawyer who understands the Constitution of the U.S. and knows how to explore its uses in the solving of problems of local communities and in bettering [our] conditions."
Charles H. Houston

schoomp

• Sr. Citizen
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - schoomp
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2004, 01:18:27 PM »
Depending on which religion you are this may or may not offend:

Some scholars think that Jesus was in fact married.  At the time, in order to be a *real* Jew, you had to be married.  You couldn't be single.  So if Jesus was married, then he would have had to consumate his relationship, and would have had sex with a woman (which doesn't make him straight as gay men have had sex and been married to women).

There are also theories (and these aren't quite as historical) that he and Mary Magdeline had a thing (and this also isn't from the DiVinci Code :-).  If this is true, this shows another way that he could have had sex.

The whole thread is funny though.  If Jesus was the son of god (and *forwarning* I'm not Christian so this isn't coming from someone that is) and sex is something beautiful and natural between a man and a woman that god created, why couldn't his son have had sex with atleast a woman while he was here?

jgruber

« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2004, 01:23:48 PM »
The first theory are a little thin on logic.  Jewish men almost always married, therefore Jesus was married? 

Depending on which religion you are this may or may not offend:

Some scholars think that Jesus was in fact married.  At the time, in order to be a *real* Jew, you had to be married.  You couldn't be single.  So if Jesus was married, then he would have had to consumate his relationship, and would have had sex with a woman (which doesn't make him straight as gay men have had sex and been married to women).

There are also theories (and these aren't quite as historical) that he and Mary Magdeline had a thing (and this also isn't from the DiVinci Code :-).  If this is true, this shows another way that he could have had sex.

The whole thread is funny though.  If Jesus was the son of god (and *forwarning* I'm not Christian so this isn't coming from someone that is) and sex is something beautiful and natural between a man and a woman that god created, why couldn't his son have had sex with atleast a woman while he was here?

schoomp

• Sr. Citizen
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - schoomp
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2004, 01:30:08 PM »
I think some of this is also based on some of the *forgotten* or *lost* copies of books of the Bible they have found.

jgruber

« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2004, 01:35:21 PM »
I think some of this is also based on some of the *forgotten* or *lost* copies of books of the Bible they have found.

Of course there were contemporaries of Jesus who did not consider him Jewish.  Pharisees et al

bill bradsky

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2004, 01:36:51 PM »
Hilarious..........Christians are gay!  already threatening people with eternal damnation because they posted an offensive (?) message?  think about it.......tortured forever for a lsd post?    If there is a god and he is truly responsible for the world, and if jesus was in fact gay, then god made him gay!

jgruber

« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2004, 01:39:30 PM »
Oh, yeah?  In that case, you will be really warm in heck for a long time.

Hilarious..........Christians are gay!  already threatening people with eternal damnation because they posted an offensive (?) message?  think about it.......tortured forever for a lsd post?    If there is a god and he is truly responsible for the world, and if jesus was in fact gay, then god made him gay!

bill bradsky

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2004, 01:44:10 PM »
JeffJoe, I have been lurking on the board for a while, and I am fairly familiar with your posts, I respect you.  But come on........   now i'm in danger?  for a couple of lines aimed at humans?  what about all the good things that I have done in my life?  what about an all loving god?  is god that threatened by someone questioning jesus's sexuality?  surely he has bigger things to worry about right?  peace in iraq for instance?