Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: The Inanimate Object You Feel Most Closely Connected To  (Read 3319 times)

IrishGeisha

• Sr. Citizen
  • BA Cornell, MA Sacred Heart, Pepperdine Law in Aug
    • AOL Instant Messenger - AdoptAPitbull
    • View Profile
    • Irish Geisha's Blog
Re: The Inanimate Object You Feel Most Closely Connected To
« Reply #40 on: May 28, 2004, 10:00:22 PM »
My oh my ... no ... it's absolutely lovely ...
"I have never seen a greater monster or miracle in the world than myself." - Michel Eyquem

Edmond

• 167/3.51
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 29, 2004, 02:54:00 AM »
this is my first time exploring other threads on this board outside "deciding where to go [to law school]" and this is what I find. 

sweet.  ;D

zpops

• Sr. Citizen
  • Going to NYU in the fall! 3.99/175
    • AOL Instant Messenger - zp0ps
    • View Profile
    • The Digital Rant
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: May 29, 2004, 10:14:03 AM »
What would you do if it broke?   ???
Try this instead.  I's a much more "personal" gift.  http://www.intimatesynergy.com/go/d/pproduct_description.php/c/sc/skBD99121/sid/
www.thedigitalrant.com - A site for discussions on books, movies, video games and other forms of entertainment.  We're just starting out, so stop on by, if you have the chance.

Burning Sands, Esq.

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • Yes We Kan-sas!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 29, 2004, 11:05:24 AM »
My car

My most closely connected "inanimate" object.  At least it is when I'm not behind the wheel.

I want all my fellow 1L's to take a good look at her, because if you see anybody driving around your school in her and its not me CALL THE f-ing POLICE!!! ;)
"A lawyer's either a social engineer or a parasite on society. A social engineer is a highly skilled...lawyer who understands the Constitution of the U.S. and knows how to explore its uses in the solving of problems of local communities and in bettering [our] conditions."
Charles H. Houston

jgruber

« Reply #44 on: May 30, 2004, 04:37:55 PM »
I want all my fellow 1L's to take a good look at her, because if you see anybody driving around your school in her and its not me CALL THE f-ing POLICE!!! ;)

the f-ing police?  is that a special part of the vice squad?

Burning Sands, Esq.

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • Yes We Kan-sas!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 30, 2004, 07:48:20 PM »

the f-ing police?  is that a special part of the vice squad?

That's just the choice adjective for the police department commonly used in the midwest.  Other examples might include:

The Motherfucking Police
The Goddamn Police
The Damn Police
The female dog Ass Police
The Punk Ass female dog Ass Crooked Ass Police (apparently as they are known in LA)
"A lawyer's either a social engineer or a parasite on society. A social engineer is a highly skilled...lawyer who understands the Constitution of the U.S. and knows how to explore its uses in the solving of problems of local communities and in bettering [our] conditions."
Charles H. Houston

ruskiegirl

« Reply #46 on: May 30, 2004, 08:41:45 PM »
I also feel very closely connected to Sands' car....hmmmmmm.

Anyways, if I have to pick something that actually belongs (or at one time did belong)to me:
I had this bright yellow velure warm up suit. (I called it my "chicken." I know, I'm lame.)  It was the cutest thing ever!  I wore it around the house and to class when I didn't feel like dressing up too much.  Unfortunately, some assholes stole my car from a hotel parking lot when I was moving to school last fall.  I lost my entire summer wardrobe, my computer, my shoes, EVERYTHING! I came to Knoxville owning nothing more than what I was wearing when the car got stolen.  Yes, these two grown ass men didn't even leave my panties! At least the cops recovered my car.  But, the point is, I cried when I realized my "chicken" was gone!

guyutegirl (Jew-Lo)

• Sr. Citizen
  • Donkey punch: It's not just for breakfast anymore
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Guyutegirl+JewLo
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: May 30, 2004, 09:18:51 PM »
Yeah but were your panties gone? And more importantly, were they clean?
Few people understand the psychology of dealing with a highway traffic cop. Your normal speeder will panic and immediately pull over to the side. This is wrong. It arouses contempt in the cop-heart. Make the bastard chase you. He will follow.

ruskiegirl

« Reply #48 on: May 30, 2004, 09:39:53 PM »
Yeah but were your panties gone? And more importantly, were they clean?
I had a box in the car with all my panties (yes, they were clean) and when the cops recovered the car, that box was no longer there.

guyutegirl (Jew-Lo)

• Sr. Citizen
  • Donkey punch: It's not just for breakfast anymore
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Guyutegirl+JewLo
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #49 on: May 30, 2004, 09:44:29 PM »
I know who the culprit was. Panahi !(or whatever his name is)
Few people understand the psychology of dealing with a highway traffic cop. Your normal speeder will panic and immediately pull over to the side. This is wrong. It arouses contempt in the cop-heart. Make the bastard chase you. He will follow.